Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

vinson recalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a site that you can go to check for recalls and warrenty info. i got a warrenty card with the quad but no warrenty info

Old 03-31-2002, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

I work at a Suzuki dealer and the vinson has recalls for a shift update,rear brakes squeaking, and broken battery brakets. Ask your dealer.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

thank you

Old 04-02-2002, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

PCBanshee, I called 2 different dealers today and they say there is no recall on the shifter and brakes. The dealer I purchased from said that they currently had one in there for the same 2 complaints and that Suzuki did have a kit for the shifter. He said the shifter kit was "optional" and was not a warranty repair.

The worst part is that he says they must remove the entire motor assy to install the kit, which basically means disassembling the whole machine.

The second dealer told me that there is no recall, but if I called Suzuki and complained about the shifter, they could authorize the dealer to work on the quad.

If the first dealer was right and the whole machine must be disassembled to make the shifter a little smoother, I can live with it the way it is. I don't want my machine torn down.

Should you have access to a service bulletin or recall number, please post it so that others will be educated when addressing their dealers.

Thanks

Old 04-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Great idea about posting a recall number or service bulletin number. My dealer said essentially the same thing pairof98s reported. Bring it in, they (my Suzuki dealer) will determine if it needs the shift kit, then they have to get Suzuki to authorize the work. My dealer didn't hear of any recall for the squeaky rear brake.

Mark

Old 04-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

I picked up my Vinson Saturday and have four miles on it. The brakes squeak real bad, but my shifter is not that bad. I called my dealer and they told me there is no recall of any type on the Vinson, but they would fix any problem I had with it. If you guys hear of any service bulletin or recall number let us know. By the way, what color did you guys get? I got green.

ScottOne
----------------------
02 Vinson

Old 04-02-2002, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

I don't have the service bulleton number but it is a big job. You are right about pulling the motor out and partly dissasembling it. Suzuki tells us it is a 12.5 hour job and $800 in parts. I know for a fact it is a recall and it is a warranty item that the costomer doesn't have to pay for.They brake squeaking is usually worse when the unit is new and after the pads have wore some the squeaking usually goes away. If it doesn't the updated pads are made of a softer material and have 3 self cleaning grooves cut in them instead of 1 in the origional.
They shifter update was mainly because of when the owner had their machine in the back of their truck and it is in park it won't shift when you want to drive it again. I know from my experience our demo vinson didn't shift very smoothly and would sometimes jam in park. Sometimes it wouldn't shift in to low properly either. I haven't installed the shifter kit in any vinson but we have a few coming in shortly. I will keep you updated on what happens when I install these kits and what is involved.

Old 04-03-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

my Dad got his tuesday and the Dealer said if u shift from or into Park u must apply the brake while doing so, something about a little pin that has been braking when the brake is not applied and u try to shift into gear or anything like that. This Quad has a ton of Power should be great for plowing the drive way and getting out to the Ice shack...

Old 04-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got one on a diode you need to install if you have electrical accesories like a winch.
if you dont install it the speedo pod can burn up and is not warrentied.