Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

???? KZX400?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 05:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the h$ll is the deal with the "supposed new Kawasaki sport quad? I can't believe they would make a clone of the LTZ, even if they are merged as one company.... WTF is going on? And where is my G#@ D@$* LTZ??!!!

Old 04-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

I have got just 2 words fer both them quads Its a shaftor raptor ripoff.I hear ya who the hell wants a green quad that looks like a yellow suzi. it wont be no longer mine is faster then yours,no it isnt dumb*** cause its the same bike.

Old 04-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

Watch out "craptor" owners! The new Suzi is not a clone and will eat you alive! Check out the new SUZOOK on the official Suzuki site! There's a ton of action photos and lots of cool stuff! Raptor's are for Harley goons who get off talking sh-- because the have a "660" rebuilt european dual sport motor! By the time you replace all the flimsy parts and "unplug" the thing you could have done a smart thing and bought something else! The KAWI looks good too! I applaud both companies attempt to engineer a true performance machine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, I think both of you guys kinda missed my point.. I DONT CARE about the Raptor, I'm not buying the 'zuki just because it is "supposed" to be a better quad, Im getting it because I am a zuki follower, and have faith in their products. I have my own reasons as to why I chose the zuki over the Raptor(which I will keep to myself, thankyou,)

What I am getting at, Is how would you Raptor owners feel if (example only) Honda made a clone of the Raptor?? You'd feel a little 'dissed, wouldn't ya? I'm not brand loyal to Suzuki for nothing, I really don't want some punk telling me his Kawi' is better and me not having any ammo against him because were riding the SAME machine... For this to happen would be gahy.

This is like chevy and ford merging, but still keeping separate name plates.. If I am a chevy fan, I would hate to see ford coming out with "clones" of the Camaro/vette whatever. loyal customers wouldn't have anything to hold over the "enemies" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] head! Know what I mean??! I am a little upset, but still not enough to buy a Yamaha..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2002, 09:59 AM

When the Raptor came out they said they were trying to copy the 400EX with the front bumper and other things...

who cares what it looks like, I'd just slap on some racing plastic and a graphics kit... lol

Old 04-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Wiseguy, your logic is flawed. When I bought my Raptor, there wasn't even a choice. Suzuki didn't even make an announcement let alone a delivery. My only choice was a 2 stroke Banshee. I want my arms pulled off on a straight. The 400ex couldn't do it. The Cannondale didn't exist either.

I could care less who the manufacturer is of any quad. If it rips and is reliable, I am happy. Competition is what makes the world go round. I've been riding my Raptor for 14 months and it will most likely be 16 months before a z400 is even delivered. Hopefully you haven't just been reading the mags for the last 16 months while I've been out riding.

And by the way, many people who think they are going to buy a 2003 Suzuki aren't even going to get one until the next model year due to the production run. Now many will have waited 2.5 yrs (not having fun) for the perfect quad from the perfect manufacturer. Brand loyalty sucks... Buy the best at the time and wait for the others to pass.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the z400 too. Unfortunately, I will most likely have to wait until the 2004 model year since I am not willing to sell the 2 400exs just to wait for this quad to arrive based on marketing dates. I am about having fun each and every chance I get. When the Raptor is down, I ride the 400ex if it is available. If not, I will ride the Kodiak. If not, I take a shovel and work on the track and bum rides.

I hope the z400 does kick the Raptor's a$$. I will buy one and wait for Yamaha to build something better and buy it. But, I will never be without a ride waiting for it to happen.

/NotuRaptor

Old 04-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

NoTU, My point was intended for those who are bashing the new Suzuki! I have had many performance machines in my day and none of them can touch the late, but great TRX 250r! It's a shame the manufacturers avoided developing performance machines for well over a decade (see my posts in the Honda forum under "dealer says new 450 by fall&quot due to liability issues. I was one of the few and proud who staved it out throughout the "performance drought" 1990's. I could only watch as numbers at the racetracks dwindled and the ATV scene dried up! It drove me to buy a two-wheeler! Fortunately the scene is again flourishing due to the development of the "new breed" of machines (Raptor and 400EX). Be glad you CAN go buy a new machine and just go ride it! Right now Cannondale and maybe the Z400 are the only machines around worthy of my attention...I came from the day when we built our own!!!!

Old 04-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

wiseguy,

That's cool. I've been thinking about getting a 250r and rebuilding it. I truly am hoping the z400 is the ticket to stop me from doing it. I like to jump and the Raptor is just too damn heavy. Those last 25-30 pounds are killer. That is the main reason I didn't get the Banshee. It can't land either.

Hopefully you do have something to ride that is worthy. For me, a production quad was key at the time. Now, I know enough to get away with putting a custom one together. I've done just about everything now except rebuild the engine.

/NotuRaptor

Old 04-24-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I saw it in my new mag its pretty cool looking even tho it looks like it took cues heavily offf a few other machines.What gets me soo upset is since the alliance w suzi kawasaki cant make there own engines or give the people what they really want:which we all know is the 2 stroke kx 250 motor or hell drop a nice 500 in there.Fergit the epa,the companys should be like the automotive companys the way people vote w there wallets they get.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:03 PM

<< I saw it in my new mag its pretty cool looking even tho it looks like it took cues heavily offf a few other machines.What gets me soo upset is since the alliance w suzi kawasaki cant make there own engines or give the people what they really want:which we all know is the 2 stroke kx 250 motor or hell drop a nice 500 in there.Fergit the epa,the companys should be like the automotive companys the way people vote w there wallets they get. >>

No, Kawi are still going to be making whatever they want. Word is a 650 twin is just around the corner.

Quick Reply: ???? KZX400?????