Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My impressions of the Z! *Lots of pics!*

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to Alba today because they had a couple Z400's in. First impressions are that this thing is bad!!! they had a couple raptors there, sat on that first then sat on the Z400 after. THe Z is a lot lower!! the seat seems to me more comfortable, the seating possition is very good, feels like a raptor more so than a 400ex. Alba had the suzuki demo bike that are seen in the pics with all the goodies on it, yosh exhaust, skids, nerfs, lights etc. i asked the guy to start the yosh exhaust bike, he did, i didnt care to much for it, its quite yes, but its real, tingy...not real beefy. they had 6 Zs and sold 5 of em in like a day. The z400 looks a lot better in person. Over all though, i think this thing is going to rock. Alba wants $7100 OTD, but...thats not for a stock one. You buy a Z400, and the 7100 includes alba kits, like the pipe, graphics, etc. So when you get the bike, and when their done making the stuff for the bike, you bring it in and get it installed free. Well now for the pics! Thanks for reading!

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9
pic10
pic11
pic12
pic13

Old 05-04-2002, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

TrexxRaptor,
Do you ever go riding up at Corral Canyon? I'm in the middle of a top to bottom rebuild on my Zilla, but I go up there every weekend during the off season of the dunes. If you ever head out that way, we should hook up and go riding sometime! BTW nice pics of the LT-Z400! I live on a hill right above Alba, and as much as I get to hear the Raptors running on the Dyno's all day, I never get tired of hearing them! I just got inspired to go down there and find out if they have put the LT-Z400 on the dyno yet?

OutCast
88 LT500RJ

Old 05-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Nice pic, Trexx! I think the stocker is much better looking than the Alba version. They've got too many Alba nic-nac's on it. The hideous front bumper, six-pack rack and desert lights gotta go. Other than that it looks good!

Old 05-04-2002, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Great pics. My Z400 is in here in Arizona. I hope someone make a-arms and axles soon. I hate riding stock width quads! I don't like the modified version of the Z. Looks like a tank.

Old 05-04-2002, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

guyraptor-the "souped" up one is suzuki's...california's suzuki rep was there, you can see in some of the pics the suzuki truck.

Outcast-yeah will do! how far is that place? i dont have a quad yet....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but i will soon, more than likely, a raptor or Z400. I dont believe they have put the Z on the dyno yet.

Old 05-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

<< Great pics. My Z400 is in here in Arizona. I hope someone make a-arms and axles soon. I hate riding stock width quads! I don't like the modified version of the Z. Looks like a tank. >>

Guido, from the looks of those pics I'd guess LT axles will work on the Z400. The rear end of the bike looks to be identical to the '87+ LT's save for the 4 bolt rim pattern. Hmmm, I've got an RPM Dominator +4 on my LT right now...

Old 05-04-2002, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

come to think of it bout the dyno, the sales guy (eric) did say that the Z did make one more horsepower than the raptor.....but thats all he said

Old 05-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

1 more horse than the raptor? awsome, i can't wait to actually see it in paper so i can get on my buddies a$$ about his raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. oh did i mention i picked mine today at chaparral? awsome quad.

btw trexx, i think you should seriously consider gettin' the z-400. i'm can't wait to ride it in the dunes but unfortunately i have to work tomorrow so i can pay for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

my only problem with the quad is that they didn't come out with the black and white one cuz i definitely would have gotten that. oh well, yellow is cool.

Old 05-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

<< Guido, from the looks of those pics I'd guess LT axles will work on the Z400. The rear end of the bike looks to be identical to the '87+ LT's save for the 4 bolt rim pattern. Hmmm, I've got an RPM Dominator +4 on my LT right now... >>

It looks like it came right off the '91-'92 LT250R's. They got rid of that full floater system the last two years. I was looking on RPM's website and their axles are for '85-'88 and '89-'92. Not sure what they did different in '89. I know the swingarm changed in '87. I live about 5 mins from RPM so maybe I should just drive over and ask [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If the LT axles will work, then that's half the widening down.

Old 05-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Guido, I think the only difference in the axles is the spline for the hubs. '85-'87 ran 24 spline on the hubs and '88+ used 26 spline. I got a he!! of a deal on my Dominator and 2 RPM lock-nuts. They said they don't move a whole lot of Zuk stuff so they gave me quite a discount.

Quick Reply: My impressions of the Z! *Lots of pics!*