Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My Cannibal vs my Z-400 today at the dunes....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it was my brothers Z. I have one but can't ride two quads at once. Haven't figured out how to do that yet. Anyway I have Raptor Dunlops on the rear which is what the Z has also. His Z has no airbox lid, no baffle and rejetted. My brother weighs around 40lbs more then me. We did a second gear roll on through the gears to redline and I beat him by about 5 lengths. Switched quads and he was on my Cannibal. It was DEAD even....My Cannibal might have one mph on top end on the Z. With the stock Holeshots it would be more like 4-5mph, because even though they are the same size tire the Holeshots are about an inch taller. It rained alot and the sand was wet and heavy. Didn't run then up Sand Mtn. The conditons were awful for any type of honest evalution up the Mtn. We rallied, raced, and jumped on many many tracks catching 40-50 ft air today, nothing to big today. Bottom line is the Cannibal handles like a dream. The Z is good, but not up to C-Dale terms. We consider ourselves pretty decent riders that push the limits. I could not catch the Z on the tracks we made. He couldn't get away from me either. It was a constant 30ft distance on the 7-8 laps we usually do on our tracks. I call it a tie for overall duneability. I will also say that my Raptor was +5 front and rear and the C-Dale still cornered better. Power is about the same. My Raptor had full exhaust and jetted w/ K&N. The Dale is STOCK except for 1.5 inch rear wheel spacers on the rear and my different wheels and tires. Both quads are awsome and can't pick a clear cut winner. Maybe my brother will comment.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm lost....

on who was riding what bike, and when, etc..

I can't tell when you were on a Raptor and when you were on the Dale... and who was ahead, etc.???

please clear this up

Old 05-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

yea man, the way it sounds you got two Z 400's, a raptor and a C-dale. Man Im jealous. So bottom line which quad do you like the best?

Old 05-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

sandgod-Could you answer a question about the C'dale. I noticed you live in Utah, which has lots of high mountains. When you change altitude, does the fuel injection on the C'dale compensate for the altitude change?? Does it run as well up high as it does down in the valleys??

Where I live, one day I'm riding below sea level in the low desert, and the next I'm at 10,000 ft in the mountains. Obviously one can't jet for everywhere, and changing jets that often on a bunch of bikes isn't practical. Just wondered if the C'dale fuel injection is for real??

Old 05-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

YZguy, I live in denver and ride up in vail alot 9-10000 feet and in denver at 5000 feet. The fuel injection works great. I do not notice a power difference at any altitude. It works great!

Old 05-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Z and so does my brother. We used to own Raptors and a million other quads 250r's 295r's, 350 powervalve r's, quadracers. We dragged on the pavement as stated above. Switched quads and got different results due too the weight difference which was expected. Then I was just simply stating how my Raptor was power wise and handling. My brother was always ahead on our sand tracks. He couldn't shake me on his Z, but I couldn't catch him either on my C-Dale. Raptors are long sold. Just commenting on the three, but only the Z and Cannibal are present. Trout is correct on the fuel injection..
We will run them up Sand Mtn which is 600ft high and 1200ft long this weekend. The sand should be dry by then. You will hear people talk about Oldsmobile Hill at Glamis. That hill is tiny and doesn't prove anything on how a motor really performs. It is simply to short and not steep enough. A C-Dale may lose at Olds Hill to a piped Raptor, but here a C-Dale wax's Raptors up the hill, WHY??? more rpm is needed to climb the biggest dune in the country thats why Banshees excel here!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

*cough* *cough* *bull$h*t* *cough* * cough*. Ill tell you what happens when my brother get his z400. Sounds too far fetched for me.

Old 05-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm wrong you're right. I forgot we have two Z's. You on the other hand haven't even sat on one. Sorry for pure speculation. That must of been a shadow running side by side w/ me then. You're results will be different since you will have the Holeshots and I didn't....

Old 05-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, sounds a little too far fetched for me. When my brother gets his z we will compare. It doesnt make any sense.A cannondale can beat a raptor- a z400 cannot, a z400 cannot beat a 440ex a cannondale can, Things just dont add up. Dougs 440 can beat a 450f and a cannondale can beat 450f. I saw this at red bed in the pro-am class. Or its just rider.

Old 05-13-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I know it may seem that way. I own the Dale. My wife rides the Z and my brother owns a Z. Believe what you want. It may be a different story on a mx track. My comparison wasn't done on hard packed except for the drag race. I am unbiased and could careless which is faster. These are mine and my brothers findings. Just because I own a C-Dale doesn't mean I think it's the best. Remember there is 40lbs difference and I am not running the holeshots. Holeshots blow in the sand, thats why I got rid of them. I would like to know what you think I'm trying to cause?? Why would I lie?

Quick Reply: My Cannibal vs my Z-400 today at the dunes....