Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

got my z-400 dirty

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got to ride my z-400 in the dirt and here's the scoop. yes, the quad is tippy but i have an easy fix. lean when you turn, it helps alot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] seriously, this quad is awsome. it handles as good if not better than the 400ex but with a more comfortable ride. i'm fairly new to riding and i was doing jumps and whoops like a pro in no time. well, not really like a pro but i felt pretty damn good. as far as power goes it's got more than enough for me. i never went full throttle on it but you really can feel the power. i know it'll beat the 400ex with no problem but i'm not sure about it beating the raptor even though i was told that it has 1 more hp than the raptor on the dyno. i'll find out after me and my buddy finish breaking both our quads in. he has a raptor. the quad feels very solid and i don't think i'll have any major problems with it. i did stall and had to prime it to get started back up after doing some whoops with 1/4 of a tank left. that might be a concer i should tell my dealership. other than that the quad, IMHO, is close to flawless.

edit: btw, the looks of the quad is also great as i got alot of people turning their
heads and asking questions about it.

Old 05-13-2002, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Damnit!!! I'm so jealous of u guys w/ ur already!! It sucks so much being 15 and riding a trx 90!!

Later

Old 05-13-2002, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

lol, it's worth the wait. trust me. i used to call the dealerships around me everyday (sometimes twice a day), and i think towards the end they got sick of hearing my voice. a dealership 50 miles away from me got 6 before everyone else so i did the drive and i got it even before the other dealerships got theirs. a few days later about 10 dealers called me and told me that they have it and they were very surprised when i told them that i've had my z-400. one replied "no wonder i haven't heard from you" LOL.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

thrsr- did u get urs at alba? and if so, how much did u pay OTD? the guy said $7100 with alba's goodies on it, but u have to bring it back in later to get them installed. Cuz alba did get 6 in...thx

Old 05-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I did some riding this weekend and got mine dirty too but did about 100mph home and had it washed and all shiny in no time. Damm dirt! You would think it would stay away from a new machine for at least a little bit.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

no trexx i got mine at chapparral in san berdoo. i paid 6400 otd. i think the 7100 that alba is selling is for might be worth it (depending on how much and what the put on it). i had several different quotes. i got it as low as 5700 otd from a dealer near my house but to this date they don't have it yet. i just got back from Hahm motors in anaheim and they have 2 on the show room and one was, for some reason, on sale for 5499 + what ever extra they feel like charging you.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

check the cheap skid plate that they have on the swing arm guido. it's supposed to be real strong but mine's all torn up from rocks and stuff. i guess it's not as bad as my buddy's raptor, his completely fell off and threw his chain going up a hill. that really sucked. i guess it's time for some aluminum skids.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I tore mine up pretty good in some desert washes last weekend. What a piece! Can't wait for PRM or someone good to make a skid plate.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:53 PM
GTV
Range Rover

There goes the 5 lb weight advantage...

Old 05-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

yeah but the other quads would more than likely have them too. that's if they're smart enough.

Quick Reply: got my z-400 dirty