Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT230S: The Original Quadsport - Refresh My Memory On A Few Things

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was my first quad too. I rode that thing to death. The only "major" problem I had was the chain broke and cracked the case. A little JB weld and she was ready to go. Then some kids stole the seat and I just let it go. I had to hide it in the woods behind my dorms, because we were not allowed to have ORVs stored there, and I think someone stole it. I would like to find another one and rebuild it, what a fun machine. I have to find and scan my pictures. I went through two sets of handle bars jumping it.

Old 08-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

Oh man, I didn't know there were so many original Quadsport fans out there! I thought I was one of the few to be lucky enough to have one and still be in good condition. You can see what all I have done it(also has brand new tires) from my quote at the bottom. I want to get new Works shcoks for it but I don't know if it would bea good idea because I want a 250 or 500 Quadracer. Same goes for the cam I want. In a race with a stock 300EX mine won't get the holeshot but it is't too far behind off the line, then when the 300 quits gaining on me, I catch back up to him and he doesn't have a chance. And most Blasters? Ha! Forget about it. I have yet to race any type of Mojave, stock or modified, but lord knows I want to.

Old 08-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey malachola that modified lawnmower of yours what brand and havr you had any transaxle problmes yet

Old 12-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LT230S: The Original Quadsport - Refresh My Memory On A Few Things

i just got a 87 230s given to me. it is in parts and i am having a hard time finding what i need. i am looking for a rear shock/swingarm/carrier/axle assembly. the engine is in parts and i am sure some are missing. i know the carb, the rear hubs, and some other parts are missing. i read in the above post about a265cc big bore kit. what all comes with that? this is my first quad and my first suzuki so i have lots of questions. what parts will interchange with other quads. will the 250r swingarm work? i know the 85-85 230s swing arm will not work.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

when i needed parts for mine i got on ebay and found almost everything i needed. I have bought shocks, axlecarrier, ad other major parts from there and ther were in good shape.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I found a set of front brake pads for my old Q-Sport while cleaning out a closet. It was an '88 and I sold it back in '89. Anyone interested?

Old 01-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

thats alot more info than i got with the same basic question! But good to hear all that. Mine is an 85, bought it for $450 complete, but top end stuck from sitting. I have the top end down being bored right now, brake pads, clutch and decals are on the way. I cant wait to finish it, and I was wondering about the performance, sounds like an excellent little machine from what you guys are saying. Im dying to take it for a spin! I do need a left side case! sounds like a common problem.

Old 01-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up a '85 Quadsport last summer for $600. it's rough and in a hundred pieces in my basement being overhauled. my swingarm has a crack that will hopefully be weldable. the engine's rough but runs. needs a carb kit and the top end needs to be gone thru. got the busted left case complete w/ JB weld too!
found a rear shock from a 2002 Yam R1 that i'm gonna try to mount. dimensions are close enough that it should fit w/ a little frame mod. if it works, it'll be a vast improvement over the stock boinger.
can't wait to fire this beast up and hit the trails this spring!

Old 01-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

I bought an 86 a few years ago for 500$ in useable condition. I rode it for over a year before it began blowing smoke (still working on that problem). I replaced the clutch disks and had to modify them to compensate for wear on the basket. Also, it seems the steering stem breaks on all of them. Mine was welded before I got it and rebroke, the one on my parts bike has also been rewelded. I’ve had no problem getting parts the bike is in good condition now (aside from smoking) my total investment is around 900$ to date. I just had a side cover welded for it, I paid 40$ its working good so far.

It performs pretty good for its size. Its all stock and would run dead even with my friends Blaster when it was all stock. In a drag race, my Quadracer will flat out smoke the Quadsport but the sport will climb hills I wouldn’t even try on the racer.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

I own a 1986 quadsport 230, and its 100% faster than the 250ex and twice the machine on hills. I purchased mine for around $1,200 in ok shape. I am restoring the whole quad from the engine to the fenders. Its gonna be a beast when its done!!

Quick Reply: LT230S: The Original Quadsport - Refresh My Memory On A Few Things