Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 vs RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben I don’t need to race you I have a Raptor and I hate it it’s a P.O.S all the Raptor has on the Z or the EX is 260cc the Raptor has an INFERIOR suspension and chassis and that 260cc sounds like a lot but the Raptor doesn’t beat the Z by that much in a drag and the Z will beat the Raptor every where ells

Old 08-22-2002, 12:06 AM
ben
Trailblazer

we just race or ride around anywhere you pic, them after that we can drinks some beers,and talk about quads.

Old 08-22-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Ben I don’t need to race you I have a Raptor and I hate it it’s a P.O.S all the Raptor has on the Z or the EX is 260cc the Raptor has an INFERIOR suspension and chassis and that 260cc sounds like a lot but the Raptor doesn’t beat the Z by that much in a drag and the Z will beat the Raptor every where ells

Did this guy fall on his head?!?!?

Old 08-22-2002, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

Wrong raptoryan, Zs are MXing and doing excellent. I have witnessed a built raptor get smoked on a TT course by the Z. As for MX the raptor is a TANK! They have to be modded big time in the wheel/tire/suspension area because they are just not suited for this kind of event! Sure guys can do it and be competitive with a raptor but it takes $! I have yet to see a raptor win on a local amatuer circuit! Plus you say,

Z better in the trails... I think not & if your talking MX track the Z is not the bike that would be a Cannondale.

Z not better on trails??????? Are you smoking dope???????? Anytime, anywhere, I will take a stock raptor with my stock Z on trails!!!!
We all know the Dale is the boss and it should be for the $ it takes to own one. WAKE UP AND STOP TALKING SMACK!

Old 08-22-2002, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, I read the same DW article too. The one area I was really interested in was the head-to-head in the dunes. DW was very subtle in their assessment that the Raptor DOES outshine the Z400 when it comes to sand. Sand is king--that's where I ride. The Z is a good quad and it's about time Suzuki re-joined the party, but what interests me--dune riding--the Raptor would be the better of the 2 machines.

Old 08-22-2002, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

<< I have witnessed a built raptor get smoked on a TT course by the Z. >>

Was this Raptor's engine running and was there a rider on it?

And with that, I will now leave the land of tardness which is the &quot;Z400 vs RAPTOR&quot; thread.

Old 08-22-2002, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer

I am a Big Bear owner and haven't even rode a Raptor but i have seen them and worse, I have spoken to those who own them. If you get a Raptor rider out of the forum or by himself in pewrson, he will tell you that they aren't cracked up to be what most owners pretend them to be.

Actually the only sportquad that i have ridden is a Warrior from a long time ago with the exception of my 350X/CB750/LT125 custom quad. (It's scary fast when it's running well), but I do know sarcasism when I see it and I think most are stretching the truth and not admiting that their ATV does indeed have flaws in certain areas.

I feel that the 400EX is the best overall quad out there. Its reliable and has a good track record. I keep up with the GNCC races and see them finish ahead of the others all the time. This is fact

Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I know the Banshee, Warrior, and Blaster are not better handling quads than the Raptor. I was just trying to pull on my buddy Mark's chain{14mins}. The Z is just a first rate quad that's all. My parts are in: FCR 40mm carb, cams, and piston . That should help a little 400 rip.

Old 08-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

raptor owners are about to get there a$$ handed to them shortly(not that i care)
and as soon as Z owners start showing up with modded rides,it's over

LET THE HUMILIATION BEGIN

Old 08-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Don't know if you've seen it yet or not, but the new ATV Sport mag. has a z400 that CT had modded. They bumped it to a 453cc, raised compression to 12:1 with a forged piston, cam, ported head, complete CT exhaust, and a 41mm FCR Keihin carb. Not to mention TCS shocks, +2 A arms, anti vibe +1&quot; steering stem, Razrs and a few other goodies.

They claim the motor work and exhaust give 18hp over stock. They claim 46.9hp. They stated the complete CT exhaust gives an 8hp increase alone compared to the 2-3 when piping an EX.

It stated $1,900 for the 453cc kit. Throw in the shocks, steering stem, wheels/tires, A arms, and all the other stuff and you've spent a pretty penny. It gives the prices for each part, but I didn't total it all up. But, it would be runnig with piped and jetted Raptors with handling and brakes to die for. Check out the write up.

Whata ya'll think?

Quick Reply: Z400 vs RAPTOR