Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lonestar Axle

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, my axle is junk I need a new one. I'm prepared to bite the bulit, like I have a choice now! Anyway. Where is the best place to buy the lonestar axle in the States? How about Canada? What kinds are there for the Z? What do they cost? I need this info fast because I have a vacation coming up and I'm taking my Z with me, hopefully. I need to buy this sucker fast!

Old 08-17-2002, 12:50 AM
WP
Pro Rider

Check with them to see if they have updated their rotor hub. I installed my axle and the rotor hub is machined wrong. If you can't wait for a fix, you will need to grind the shoulder off of the rotor bolts and use a die to make the threads longer. Next week I have a race and I will be sure to test the axle out.

Old 08-19-2002, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

I want to hear how your race turned out and how your Z turned out too! What width do you have your axle set to? Is it alot more strain on the axle if I have it set to its max width?

Old 08-20-2002, 03:36 AM
WP
Pro Rider

I am running the full 3 inches extended, which is only 1 1/2 inches on each side. The new axles are much stonger and designed to take the added stress of being wider. Do you ever watch Huevos videos. Their axles hold up real well. I will let you know how the race goes.

Old 08-20-2002, 04:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

wp what class do you ride in? i know this is off topic but scince you guys were talking about racing.i just went to my first race this sunday at walden playboys track in upstate ny.my z was running crappy i must have a short cause when i trned bars all the way left it was stalling the machine. but anyways in the nocive c class with stock bike sept ac nerfs and kill switch i was in second out the first turn, nearly got the hole shot then dropped back to 3rd or forth 3/4 of lap before stalling and lost a bunch of positions. anyways i ended the first moto in 9th out of 19 , not to bad after staliing 4 times. the second moto my quad stalled in the first turn and i couldnt get it started again. i never realized how tiring racing is i barly had the energy to clear the doubles the last lap. the quad held up great though just the front rim bent a little but thats just cuase im not the greatest at doubling the woops yet. during open practice though before these good guys at the track set up my suspension i landed so hard the seat poped off and the subframe got loose and the plastics would pop out around the gas tank, but i think it would happen to any quad if you case, but i didnt think i cased that hard just a little short, maybe becuase it was before the suspension was ajusted also. my axle still looks stright, i think the brake rotor is warped tho.