Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Full day run on an Ozark

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well finally got my Ozark to an offroad park in PA. The park is 15,000 acres and has a lot of different terrain from rocks to wide open sandy conditions. What a blast this thing is! Came across 2 problems. The front tires bottom out a lot to the point where you hit the rim. Added some air pressure at lunch and after I plugged a whole from the tire bottoming out and it helped some. Spring time will bring a stronger front tire! (any suggestions?) Noticed after lunch the steering became quite sloppy. The tierod (i think) had become loose. Tightened it up and was on my way again. My friend on his Ozark only had problems with the tires bottoming out to the rim. All in all i'd say this is a fun quad to run with. Had no problems keeping up with a 300 ex that was with us. Hopefully there will be some mods out for it soon!!

Old 08-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Range Rover

It is a very versatile bike. I am liking mine more everytime I go out and ride. Three of the guys I ride with liked mine so much that they have all gone out and bought one as well. They couldn't get over how well it handled, how sporty it is and the getty up it has. Its basically a sport bike with racks. How can you go wrong there. It is one hell of great trail bike. The only complaint I have at this point, and I've seen others with the same complaint is the sticky shifter. Other than that mine has been bullet proof.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, my buddy bought one and another friend is going to in the next few months. These things are great for the money!! My shifter was a bit sticky or how ever you want to put it but after I had my service after break in it seems to be much better. Not perfect but it used to jump our of gear and weird hings like that. When I get back from vacation I am going to look over the whole front end and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

I too am very impressed with the Zark. I bought one for my son thinking it would be a mild first quad. We went up to the National Forest and rode a while. I really had a hard time keeping up with him on it with my bayou 300 4X4. It wore me out fighting the turns. He just hammered it and slid around them. Soon found out I had better slow this thing down and adjusted the throttle lever down for break in. Have not had any problems as of yet. Stock tires are not the greatest, but then who's is. For $3,000 it is a great first quad. The only thing that concerns me a bit as it turns very sharp and with the speed of this thing, it may be a bit too much for a young rider. But if you take it slow and learn it capabilites, its a blast to right. Very smooth ride. Not a sports quade suspension, but perfect for what it was designed to do.

Old 08-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Wage

My wife has only about 8 hours on her new Ozark. She really likes it so far except for the stiff shifting. Hopefully that will loosen up over time. I don't know if she had problems with the front rims bottoming out. I will have to check the rims and adjust the air pressure up accordingly. The stock tires are nothing to brag about, but not bad for a stock entry level machine. This has been a great machine for $3,000. Not sure what new tires I would try. Maybe look for something with a 4 or 6 ply sidewall that will give the tire more sidewall stability, ie, less bottoming out. I am going to do the first service on the machine, probably this weekend, and install the trailer hitch and possibly assemble the snowplow for it.

Old 08-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

We've had good luck with ours. Only thing the wife doesn't like is the shifting. It is harder to shift than most semi-autos. We've probably got 20 hours or so on it including my son racing it in ATV Rodeo's.

Old 08-27-2002, 03:02 AM
Range Rover

Oh man Im excited, I'm buying one in a couple of weeks, after my Home Equity Loan goes through, I have a question for those who paid $3,000 Is that out the door or do you have to add setup fees and tax and ..... to that price?

Old 08-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

My wife loves hers also the only problem is that it stalls once in a while. I have tried adjusting the idle and the air screw a tad but I think I am going to have to take it into the dealer.

Old 08-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Ramg

I paid $2,999 plus sales tax (6%) for a 2002 Ozark. I got that good of a deal because the dealer wanted to get ride of his last 2002 before the 2003's arrived.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

I paid 2999.00 without sales tax because of a farm release. They normally ask 3099.00 for their Ozarks but I also bought my Z at the same time.

Quick Reply: Full day run on an Ozark