Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki lt 50

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to buy a new suzuki 50 for my son. How are these machines as far as going through small mud holes? Or should water be avoided all together? Do they start up easy? (a couple pulls) Lookin also at the Polaris Scrambler 50.

Old 08-27-2002, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Sportsman, We have the lt-50 for my 5 year old. We have not been through to much water, but what little we have gone through, no trouble. The lt-50 pulls easier than my 2 stroke line trimmer, once you get the process figured out of starting it, choke/fuel position, etc, it starts right up. The Scrambler 50 is a bigger bike, have your son sit on them and see which one he fits better.

Old 08-27-2002, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased one for my son last year for Christmas also. He previously had an LT80 which was a quicker quad, but also a little larger. The 50 is a very nice quad for a beginner. It fires up really easy and runs well. It's no where near as fast as the LT80 though. What I did is I took my son to the dealership (be mentally prepared for that!!) and let him sit on all of the mini's and let him decide which he preferred. The 50 suited his size a little better than the others, but he is already saying he wants a quad with more power. I can't blame him though because he learned how to ride on the LT80. After almost a year, the little 50 is holding up well and hasn't given any problems. It can easily haul around a full sized adult too. Hope this helps!!

Old 08-27-2002, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

Beleive it or not my 3 yr old son rides it very well.
we love the quad, he can follow me through some impressive obstacles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It has a throttle limiter on it, which is also nice.

There is a restrictor in the exhaust, and intake that really cuts down power. We removed both, and it make a world of a difference. We just set the throttle limiter for him now. It will carry him and I at the same time.

All in all it is a great choice, and beginners quad.

LOBE
~~~~~

Old 08-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Lobeex, I have an LT50 that I need to remove the exhaust restrictor on. Can you tell me where it is?

I am assuming I will see the intake restriction as soon as I look for it.

I have reworked mufflers before and am able to tackle one, if that is where it is. But if you told me what to look for, my job would be a lot easier.

Old 08-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

Sure....

The exhaust restrictor is the easiest. Just remove the two bolts that hold the exhaust header pipe to the head. You will see the restrictor, it looks like a washer with a small 1/4" hole in the center.

The intake one is in the small aluminum intake tube that connects your carb to the head. It looks like a solid washer with a nickle sized slot in the middle. To remove it you will probablly have to heat the aluminum intake while it is in a vice and keep working the restrictor w/ a scewdriver to remove it. It is pressed in so you have to heat it.

Let me know how you make out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LOBE
~~~~~

Old 08-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

My 4 yr. old daughter started riding her LT50 when she was three and this little machine is VERY reliable. Not even a fouled plug from all the putt putting around.

Old 08-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Range Rover

Actually my son will be 4 the end of this week. He has been riding it for about 3 months now.

He is even jumping it, and getting it about 3ft off the ground. It holds up awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LOBE
~~~~~

Old 08-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

My brother, I and a friend go camping. All together about 6 six kids line up beggin to ride the 50. It goes all day riding kids from early in the morning to late at night.

It gets rid of the kid swarm for a while, but in a few hours they come yellin and screamin that it stopped. Of course it only ever needs gas (we keep an eye on the oil tank). They rolled it once, but no dmamage.

That one 50 seems to not be enough, since they get more and more anxious to ride it as the day wears on. They start fighting and crying that one got on before their turn or took too long to make a lap, or went up and down another road.

One 5 year old pretended he was going to stop when he saw a road block of kids ahead of him, but when he found a gap, he gunned it and broke through. Next time around they grabbed him and pulled him off while he was still moving. Lots of crying after that.

That 50 works real hard to please em, but the fighting and crying just gets seems to get worse.

Old 08-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

We had a pipe made for ours, ridden by a 5yr old and also had the head milled & ported. Now this thing rips!!!

Quick Reply: Suzuki lt 50