Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 10:52 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

Seems like everyone is sleeping in the same bed and getting there food off the same plate.

100 years from now we will all be gone and everyone will ride the same thing. This will be dull.

Chet

Old 10-26-2002, 12:08 AM
The Facility

Jason454,

Like AlaskaYFM explained, Suzuki DID get machines from Kawasaki. KX60,KX65,KX100, and KLX110.

Kawasaki Heavy industries is a large company but hardly compare to General Motors who has held over 70% of stock in Suzuki Motorsis since the mid 1990s. Neither were going broke, but both were losing shares in the ATV and motorcycle market as a whole.

Here's an interesting fact.

Suzuki AND Kawasaki are designing TOGETHER, a new 250cc four stroke motocross bike to go head to head with the YZ250F and CRF250R.

Suzuki and Kawasaki also have 450cc motocross bikes on the way next year , but each is being built separatly, because Kawasaki was already in the development stages of the bike before the alliance was announced.

The 250 MX bike will be the first bike that will share the same platform and be raced by opposing teams on the Supercross and National circuits in the 125cc class. Team Kawasaki versus Team Suzuki with the same bike?!?!?!?............Yep

Old 10-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

KNOWSALOT,

That is really strange to hear about the co-designing of the MX bike; the nature of this "alliance" is different than I first thought. I figured that Kawasaki and Suzuki were just using each other's products to fill market gaps until they developed respective machines of their own to fill each slot. But if they are helping each other develop machines, then it really is a long term commitment... it will be interesting to see what other machines that this agreement produces...

Old 10-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

GM is a large powerfull corp. that got that way by buying out smaller strugling auto manufacturers, and letting them keep there names for added sales diversity. And when the going gets tough, they drop the smallest money makers like Olds. in order to keep the Company strong.
Suzuki sells auto's, bike's, atv's, outboard's, engine's, etc. They are also a large diverse corp.
IS Suzuki owned by GM? Or is it just an automotive collaboration to help with there exports.
I dought Kawasaki is in trouble, I was just stating that there decision to sell a green Suzuki Z400 and call it there own hurts there image, not helps.
I have seen the total import sales numbers of the big 4 from japan in the mags a few times, and Kawai is always dead nuts last.
If Kawasaki wanted to improve its sales it should realy have used its own design.
This new relationship between the two will eventually go bad for one and good for the other. Thats just the nature of business.
Im not "BRAND BRAIN WASHED" in any way and would be just as happy on a black one or a green one. Its the quad I love, not the brand.
If anyone has more info on the joining please tell us. This realy seams like a strange deal to me.

Old 10-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Huh, it is strange isn't it. Darndest thing I ever hierd of.

But HOPE you all didn't take me wrong, I love the sport no matter what.

If thier ever was a brand I wouldn't buy again for myself, it would be honda. The only reason I would never buy a honda for my self, is because of the most horrible attitudes I found here in the honda room sense joining.

But noticed I said myself rite, I have 3 honda bikes at home and my boy races a honda, lol

Old 10-26-2002, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

The same group owens Artic Cat, Suzuki And Kaw. It is like Chevy, Olds and Buick are the same. It is not a friendship it is now one big unstable Co..

Old 10-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I heard that Suzuki was getting a couple of dual purpose bikes from Kaw. Anyone else hear this?

Old 10-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

a company will do anything to boost profits and intrest someone in there stock.and the biggie is a larger piece of the market.
it all comes down to money.thats it,business.i doubt they are together because they both end in an I.

Old 10-27-2002, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

yeah and another issue that pi--es me of is that the new hummer H2 is a CHEVY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img](no offense to chevy owners)but come on!
the hummer is an awsome piece of work.notice the front a arms on a REAL hummer and compare that to the H2.
talk about selling out!and correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't jaguar use the ford 5.0 engine.

Old 10-27-2002, 08:29 PM
RIP Dear Friend

The new Hummer H2 is built on the Chevy/GMC suburban 3/4 chassis.

When you look underneath the new H2 its all GMC.

I don't think that's all bad because the original Hummer has so little interior space and it not very practical in the real world.

Chet

Quick Reply: Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?