Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

the H2 cannot and will not survive the abuse that the REAL hummer would take.bottom line it's nowhere near the capabillity of the REAL hummer.if someone wants a wannabe hummer for a load of cash and think they are getting the same off road capability,then fine.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2002, 08:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I think you are right.

Chet

Old 10-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: BlueBlaster
Not to change the subject, but it kinda deals with what we are talking about. I don't know if anyone else has heard this yet, but Ford is going to use the Chevy Allison 5-speed automatic tranny in their new Super Duty very shortly and they are going to use the tranny out of the Corvette in the SVO Mustang Cobra. I heard this at the GM school I go to, they also have Ford and Dodge programs at the same school, it was actually the Ford instructor that told our GM instructor that Ford was going to be using GM transmissions.
Ford NEVER uses GM transmissions. They might be made by the same manufacturers(i.e. Borg Warner), but Ford has ALWAYS gave the manufacturers their own specs for them to build them too. Ask your GM instructor why the Ford T5 is so much better than the GM T5?

Old 10-28-2002, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

blublaster, the 03 cobra uses a tremec t-56, tremec bought out borg-warner a few years back, the lt1 and ls1 camaros/firebirds also use the t-56, along wiht the viper. the c-5 vette uses a transaxle also manufactored by tremec. ford and chevy do not make there own manual transmissions. as far as ford using the allison 5spd automatic, not going to happen, ford and chevy are working togehter on a 6spd auto transaxle for use in small front wheel drive cars though.

also the newer jaguars do not use a ford 5.0, sadly the 5.0 is no longer even produced. the jags use a 4.0 dohc 32 valve engine that was designed in conjuction with ford the lincoln ls uses this same motor(yes ford owns them along with aston martin) the jag and aston v-12 is actually two ford duratec 3.0 dohc v-6's that have been cast together.

Old 10-28-2002, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

you've got to be kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

kidding about?

Old 10-28-2002, 10:03 PM
The Facility

Harw,

Arctic Cat, Kawasaki, and Suzuki are no where near being the same company and aren't owned by one company either.

Kaw and Suz have their own stock holders and what the alliance allows them to do is buy products from each other and sell as their own.

Arctic Cat doesn't have any deal with Suzuki except for parts purchases...which include engines, electrics, and some chassis componets........and not entire models.

The 250 4 Stroke, is the only NEW model that hadn't already began development from either manufacturer from what I understand and is the reason why both have a say in what it becomes.......since it will KNOWINGLY being shared by both companies before production.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Terd, I think Jaguar does use Ford's % Liter, But that's ok because Ford owns them (If I'm not mistakin)

Take it light

Old 10-28-2002, 11:05 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Hey Knowsalot,

since I study the stock market or at least try too I found this:

This is from a sec filling form 8-K dated September 20, 2001

An Acquiring Person does not include Suzuki Motor Corporation until such time as Suzuki Motor Corporation, together with all of its affiliates, acquires more than 32% of the voting power of the Company without the prior consent of the Board of Directors. Currently, Suzuki Motor Corporation, together with all of its affiliates, owns 31% of the Common Stock of the Company.

Arctic Cat Inc.: Company Report

On snow or hard ground, Arctic Cat growls with speed. The company manufactures and markets snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and related products and accessories. Arctic Cat categorizes its snowmobiles as high-performance, trail performance, luxury and family touring, powder, family trail, and sport utility models. The company sells its ATVs under the Arctic Cat name. It also makes replacement parts and branded clothing and accessories. Arctic Cat's products are sold through a network of independent dealers throughout the US and Canada and distributed worldwide. Suzuki, Arctic Cat's engine maker, owns more than 30% of the company.

I thought it was 25%.

Chet

Old 10-29-2002, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

Keep in mind that Hummer is a General Motor Company brand. The 5.0 V8 was in the Explorer until the 2002 redesign. Now it is a 4.6.

Quick Reply: Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?