Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

new shiny maier plastic problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shiny mair plastic problem

I just got my new shiny mair plastic for my 91' lt250r. I put the front on and that went fine. but the rear doesn't go on. It hits the top of the airbox lid. it doesn't sit tight to the frame where the bolts hold it down. when I take that off it hits the 2 things that hold the lid down. Also where the front plastic meets the rear the fron plastic flares out past the rear right where they meet on the bottom, is this normal?, It looks like your leg will get caught on it. Is this how all the maier plastic is? What should I do about it?

Also I found a place where I can get V-force 1 reed valve for 90$ brand new. Is it worth it? Are reed spacers worth it? and what can I do to get my 36mm carb to go on easier to the engine side?

chuck

Old 11-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

help yea for 90 .the v force is an awsome reed cage . you will like it . the reed spacer on mine smothed out the power band . so it was worth it to me .i am also running 290cc bigger than you but it should help you out just the same

Old 11-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

any ideas on the plastic?

chuck

Old 11-13-2002, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default new shiny maier plastic problem

sorry forgot about that . i have seen lots of maier plastic and hardly any of it fit good . you can shave some with a sharp knife . most of the time when you modify then you take the lid off and put it on the shelf . i have seen people use washers to shim also . hope this helps .

Old 11-13-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

It is beyond the shaving point. It is like 1/2 inch or more away from where it should be. Even if I take the airbox lid off the 2 prongs that hold the one side of it on hit it and do the same thing and I really don't want to snip them off. I e-mailed maier and rockymountain about it. You would think they would have noticed that in the making of the plastic. But who knows what there smoking when they make some off that stuff. My steering stem also hits the plastic by the gas cap when turned all the way. I'm not really worried about that though.

chuck

Old 11-13-2002, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

yea . i understand . i think maier stands for ( MIGHT ACCIDENTLY ILFATEFULLY EMERGE RIGHT ) just a thought .

Old 11-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey donzilla, where'dja find the V-force for your '87? All I could find was the FMF for mine.....I'd like to try somethin' different, like the V-force or a Pyramid cage....Thanks.....

Old 11-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

I e-mailed rockymountain and maier about my plastic the other day... I haven't got an e-mail back from maier yet but I got one from rockymountain. The guy there said that he called maier and they said the fenders will fit all years but the 91 and 92. It says it will fit 85 - 92 in the mag and online. He said I should send it back, has anyone got fenders for there 91 or 92 from maier?

chuck

Old 11-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

With maier you almost always need a heat gun to modify the fit. They just dont take the time at the factory. The plastic is the same for all them years. If you send it back and get another set it will be the same. You will have to modify it or spend the BIG BUCKS for suzuki plastic.

Old 11-19-2002, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

There are rear fenders specifically for the 91 and 92's. They have them on maiers site. I am not saying I would have to modify them still a little bit but I will atleast be able to set them on there right.

chuck

Quick Reply: new shiny maier plastic problem