Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadzilla- worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadzilla- worth buying?

PS, Id also like to add that there is much more to having the perfect dune bike than just hillshooting...

There is no way that you can duplicate the fun factor in dunning with the Zilla.
The raw torque, being able to pull the front tires up at ANY rpm in practically any gear cannot be had with the Shee.
The things are just weak untill the powerband. The big 500 motor will roost from idle with no clutch.
Also the stock width and suspention travel of the Zilla is only as good with the DS. In my experiences, The Zilla is practically un roll-able.

If your going for a pure race drag bike, Then the Banshee is your best choice.
If you want a bike with tons of power potential, AND probably the best dune machine ever made, Zilla.
When I put around the hills with my woman on back, she doesnt like to scream up hills.
I can cruise in second gear and torque my way up any hill with her on the back in second gear without trouble, and without being in the powerband.

Old 12-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I will GLADLY challenge any Banshee owner to a full day of *****-out riding in the dunes. The LT500 will beat the Banshee hands down in handling, USABLE power, and sheer power. Apparently, "ROOSTQUEEN" has a serious issue with 17 yr. old bikes outrunning is over-hyped Shee. Swing-Arm failure? News to me. Mine is bone stock and handles abuse quite well. 'Nuff said.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2002, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

Good one ZillaRider02,"ROOSTQUEEN"LMAO!! Jealousy will get him no-where,I guess some people can't face the fact's.LOL"ROOSTQUEEN"I know what I got,I got one fast *** Zilla that can roost with the best of the Banshee's.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

Well now I got my dang login thing to work I can finally post. Looks like in the spring I am going to be a Zilla owner. I feel more comfortable on a quad you know. For jumping, going fast, wheelying. Plus if you go over a rock or small boulder on a dirtbike your front tire can slip and turn all the way in a jiffy. that happened to me once, scared the crap out of me I want tons of power and a 250R or Banshee may have this but if a Zilla can lift up at all gears I'm sold![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also do any of you guys have specs on the Zilla?
Mr 350X said it is wide, like a DS650?
Sometimes my cousins(8 year old - 14 year old) want me to take them for a ride. Since you guys say that this bike has a a lot of low end and I can lug it around and not have to be screaming along a 60MPH.

Oh yeah about how much will it cost to get that bearing/oil jug thing fixed if the guy doesn't have it done already?

Can't wait for the spring... My friend is gonna eat my roost![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Agressiverider: Yes, the Zilla is wide like the DS650.

If your Zilla is jetted correctly (too rich and it will load up quickly, too lean and it will get hot) it will put around at low speed/low RPM all day long. It has TONS of torque at low RPM. Like I said in my other post, it will climb any hill in second or third gear at a low/mid RPM without being in the powerband having the motor screaming. (just like a very big 4 stroke)
They will easily lug around a second rider and with a twist of the throttle, scare the crap out of them.

To get the cases fixed (bearing problem), www.tudorsperformance.com ; Jeff @ tudors will do each side for 159 bucks including the main bearing for that side. This does NOT include labor though.

Potential: Although you COULD bore and stroke a Zilla to 600CC+ , put nitrous though it... and have extremely tall gearing and have one HELL of a scary fast machine, the Banshee is simply easier to make into a full blown drag racer.

-Matt

Old 12-15-2002, 05:14 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Forget stroking it,just add the NOS,heck the darn 500cc already vibrate's,but anyway's add the NOS and ya wont have to stroke it if ya jet it right,I did and mine scream's,stroking it your adding torgue,your not in a tractor pull,rpm is what ya want,add the NOS and you'll have that.Take it from me I have NOS on my Zilla,and have done some racing using it and it's like night and day,totally rippin bad ***.Just my opinion other's may vary.Plus with the NOS you can adjust the fogger using different combo's to get more H.P. so why stroke it?But hey to each his own.............Zilla