Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Hi all, bad news from upstate New York

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all, bad news from upstate New York

Hi,
I was riding my Z on some snowmobile trails with some friends here in New York last night. All I can say is that the trails were awesome. Until I started back to my house and it started raining. The trails started to deteriorate. I was riding across a field when out of nowhere a "T" intersection came up. I jumped on the binders only to slide sideways and highside my bike. Now I sit here typing while letting my "broken in 5 pieces" collar bone heals. I guess this roll over gives me a good reason to get a set of TAG bars and maybe a new steering stem. I suppose that when the rear of my bike was sliding sideways , I should have pinned the throttle, got the a$$ end spinning and maybe came out of that a bit dizy instead of catching the rut and flipping. Well, I have to order some new parts. Happy New Year to all of you here.

Carey

Old 12-31-2002, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hang in there man! Stay off that bike for a while and let that bone set right!

Old 12-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

rehab your body right and youl be back in no time....I hate to think what I should have done...If I was three inches further back in body positioning I would have cleared the double and not bruised my ribbs and innards

Old 12-31-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that smokinltz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was out for six months with a broken back. I'm allowed to ride now and am getting ready to go back to work. but all I can say is defiantly wait till you get completely healed before riding again. good luck with your recovery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2002, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Tanks guys. My doctor says it'll be about 4-6 months before it is completely healed. I see that it'll give me time to get my bike ready to race this summer. Not gonna ride till it's healed since I don;t wanna screw it up and wait even longer to heal. 6 months is gonna be waaaayyyyy to long anyway. Well, I'm gonna have a beer or two and wathc the ball drop. Everyone have a great new year.

Carey

Old 01-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have broke both of my collar bones and the left one twice. Let it heal for a long while. I didnt and it broke again.

Old 01-02-2003, 04:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im healing from hurting both shoulders, im getting a chest/shoulder protector!

RoostKing...

Old 01-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

First off , get some rest and heal up. Second - I'm from upstae NY. Ever hear of Schaghticoke NY , JUst north of "Troilet" I mean TROY NY . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Where abouts are you located?

Old 01-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

I'm from just south of Cortland, Marathon area...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Tell ya what, next time I'm rolling across I-90 I'll stop and pick up your quad and ride it for ya till your all healed up.....that way, even if you are tempted to ride, you won't be able too.....

Quick Reply: Hi all, bad news from upstate New York