Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

whats up with this board???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with this board???

all the posts seem to be a bunch of useless blah blah blah. A guy cant get any tech advice?? this is the 2nd time I posted about some tech help, and all I see when I come on the board is Z400 got beat by a little old lady or Who has the cheapest pipe pricing or even more moronic "do you like the yellow or white z400 better" type posts. I figured you suzuki gurus would take the time to try to help me diagnose my 230 problem. or mabey there are no mechanically inclined types on this forum? I cant believe that most, if not everyone on here has not been in a 230S motor at one time or another, or had problems getting one to run right.

Old 01-19-2003, 06:04 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Trikeaholic
and all I see when I come on the board is Z400 got beat by a little old lady or Who has the cheapest pipe pricing or even more moronic "do you like the yellow or white z400 better" type posts. I figured you suzuki gurus would take the time to try to help me diagnose my 230 problem.
All types of people come to ATV connection forums even your type.

Old 01-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

I looked at your post and someone tried to help you! Ok, check the basics. Do you have good spark,fuel,compression and is it in time? It sound like the valves are tight.

Old 01-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer

Trikeaholic,

Buy a Clymer Service manual. It's been my best friend and usually has the info I need. Not always though.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

Trikeaholic

Cyber troubleshooting and tuning is tricky.
You never KNOW what is really going on because you have to depend on someone else’s correct or incorrect observations and procedures.

Did you do what Ernie suggested?
With what you told us so far, Ernie’s is right on.

Ernie660R
Range Rover
Santa Fe, Texas

Sat January 18, 2003 11:12 PM (NEW!)

Did you adjust the valves on top dead center, and is the timing chain aligned top dead center. If it started right up before then I wound after that, and check and see if you have a spark to the plug.
Cam timing and valve adjustment are the first things I would check. If you have all the other basics working right.

I am not familiar with your 85 or 86 lt230s cam chain; could the chain come off the lower sprocket when doing a top end rebuild then be a tooth or 2 off?

Old 01-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes, it did come off the lower sprocket, but I cannot see how that would affect it if it was put back on, and then the rest of the valvetrain was assembled according to the TDC marks on the cam sprocket. I know cyber troubleshooting is difficult. What I was after really specifically was "oh yea, the coils on those are junk, happened to mine" or something of that nature. It seems to have every element needed to run. IM sure it does have carb problems.

Old 01-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

yes, it did come off the lower sprocket, but I cannot see how that would affect it if it was put back on, and then the rest of the valvetrain was assembled according to the TDC marks on the cam sprocket.
Was the crank position TDC when you reassembled the cam sprocket and chain or
are there marks on crank sprocket to line up?

Like I said before I am not familiar with your lt230s but the cam timing principals, as you know, are the same in any 4-stroke.

Just trying to help.
jmho