Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila

Yeah the LT250R may have been a bit less intimidating, but I wonder if the Predator can beat even the 250. I have never raced one but if it is close to the same as a Z400 I think I could give the predator a run on my stock LT250. On my LT500 I'll give 'em 10 bike lengths to make it less of an embarassment.
The predator is actually faster than the Z400. I don't know about the 250 beating it, it might be close, but i think the predator might have the edge.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

i dont know what you quys are smoking but my z smokes the 250 quad racer ...i raced the lt500 with my raptor and got smoked by about 2-3 quads ...no more ...and we will see who gets the last laugh when you are rebuilding the thing every year...and the old a$$ 2 strokes will never ride as nice as the new ones will ..no reverse no electric start..that old stuff is dieing fast...get with the new stuff ...its better and last longer...i mean if you have to have a 2 stroke get a banshee...you can make them faster then a lt 500 or a lt 250 will ever be ..it cost a lot of money but worth it ...and easer to get parts .....

Old 02-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

SuzukiKiller, you need to find new people to ride with, maybe some that can wrench on a quad. My LT500 will easily leave a piped, jetted, cammed, geared, NOS'd, whatever you can think of Raptor by 10 bikes.Period. No doubt about it. Your 29 horsepower Z-400 should see nothing but the back of an LT250. And my LT500 never as fast as a Banshee???? What are YOU smoking? I just returned from riding at Little Sahara, Oklahoma today. I got outran by 1 bike the whole day. It was a 420 Banshee, CPI Drag pipes, Alcohol, 10" over Swingarm, god knows what else. My bike-stock swingarm, 91 octane fuel, old pipe, no special motor mods, 75 horsepower. EASY! I will drive to Mass. with my LT500 and my dad's Predator and show you how we do things in Oklahoma.............

Old 02-03-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, SuzukiKiller, hate to burst your bubble or anything, but if you raced a LT500 and he didnt walk away from you with ease,
it wasnt running right. There are TONS of Zillas out there that are mediocre performers due to bad mods, or bad tuning.
Mine was one of them for a while.

A well running Zilla will flat out run away from a Raptor. (or pred, or Z, or banshee (unless seriously modded) )
Also, 2 strokes dont need to be rebult but once every couple of years usually. And based on your post about the new ones LASTING much longer than the OLD ONES... THE OLD ONES THAT YOU CALL THE 'OLD ONES' BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL AROUND......Ill inform you that
rebulding the top end on a 2 stroke is very simple.

Us 2 stroke riders dont need electric start and reverse. Especially over here in the west. We mostly ride dunes, and theres nothing to me like waking up in glamis, going out and kick starting my quad.
I also dont feel like the 4 strokers have much personality. (IMO)

-Matt

Old 02-03-2003, 03:17 AM
Trailblazer

I have a bone stock 250r with only a pipe. AND I have a stock predator. Its very close, but the Pred will edge the 250r... on all surfaces... and ive swithced riders back and forth...if this helps anybody!

Old 02-03-2003, 04:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

no special motor mods, 75 horsepower. EASY
Got any other good "the one that got away stories??"
I love seat of the pants dyno numbers, they are always so high

HEHEH I got a 420, but I was still beatin zillas before..Now its not even close......

RoostKing...

Old 02-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer

Old 02-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

i dont think a lt250 would beat the z400

Old 02-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Roost,

You sure do need an education! Quit playing with the teenagers, and your results won't be sooo good eh?
my little 580 would make short work of that twin, even off the bottle!

Guess I shouldn't flick you too much dung... at least you havent started a bunch of smack about the 4 strokes being fast...(YET) LoL

Cheers!

Old 02-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

suzykiller,

Rebuilding every year?? Dude, don't make comments that you have no CLUE what you are talking about! 12 years on my original piston is very evidence that PROPER maintainance works!

Also, don't make assumptions on someone else's poor tuning abilities.

Old A$$ quads!!! HA! I'll ride my antiques into the grave before I support the 4 stroke revolution!
And smoke all ya'll in the process! With legendary suspension geometry, handling, and ride quality that everyone has tried to copy since!

Maybe when your sack drops, you'll realize how immature your post sounded.

Quick Reply: My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila