Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

stop crying about your frames..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop crying about your frames..

the z400 is an awsome quad ..everyone thinks that you can buy the quad and race the thing and hit 40 foot jumps..and not have frame issues...it was only $6000 otd..thats pretty cheep for such a great quad that comes with reverse and liquid cooled...so you got to put a little money in it the race it.....big deal then you would be around the same price as all the other so called great quads..stop crying about the think saying its junk and fix it ..or stop beating the crap out of the thing..hey its your quad ride it the way you want..but dont blame it on suzuki when YOU break it...im not saying its the best quad out there....but it sure beats some of the quads out there...

Old 02-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

Very well put, I couldn't have said it better. I read some of the messages on this forum and I feel like I'm married again. People whining about the small stuff. I can't think of any machine that can take the beating of extreme riding without some kind of modifications. Instead of whining about how your frame cracked, you should be telling all of us how you recommend solving the problem.

My Z400 has been a excellent machine. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a GREAT atv. It is reliable, looks good, runs great, ect. I also like the fact that I have the options of adding accessories to make it just the machine I want it to be. Maybe I want it for Motocross, Woods, Sand or just trail riding. I know I will have to modify for my purpose and the Z400 is a great place to start.

JDRider

Old 02-17-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

My frame is great. I got mine way back in June, one of the first ones and have ridden every weekend. I weigh 215 and have had great luck.
I don't beat the crap outta it so it treats me right. You can take the stoutest off road baja vehicle and kill it.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Do a search on http://www.google for Z400 then go to the first site that comes up, and do a search on that forum for gussetting the frame. It's a fifty dollar kit that makes your frame much much stronger. I love my Z's.

Old 02-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No everybody rides like a granny. Some of us do hit 40 footers, adn a 6000 quad should be able to take it. I assume Suzuki tested the frames before production???

RoostkIng...

Old 02-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

the fram problem is caused by the rider. i read one thread where the guy jumped a 30 ft jump and broke his frame because he landed on the front wheels only. i think a raptors fram would break to if the 01's could get over the transmition problems

i jump but nothin to big just 25-30 ft gaps and i ride atleast 4 days a week. the only problems iv had were my fault. i broke a tie rod by hitting a tree and have seperated the plastic by rolling over. i think suzuki is on the right track. if a 660 can only produce a few more ponies then a 400 its not worth the $$

Old 02-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Range Rover

sry i got off track

Old 02-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

So just to race MX you need a whole new frame, because the stock isn't designed for the big jumps?

Old 02-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Stop crying!! If Suzuki didn’t make a mistake they wouldn’t be fixing all of the Z that have broke frames! It sure is funny that my frame is broke is the exact spot that everyone else’s is. Suzuki made a mistake and now they are going to fix it, as they should. By the way my frame just came in and they told me that Suz. said the compound in the steel has changed.

Old 02-26-2003, 06:18 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Just for curiosity, Not that I agree with the idea that a stock frame should be able to hold up to ANYTHING that you can throw at it. I don't see to many Pro MX riders that don't gusset even the legendary 250r type frames. With that said, I have not heard of any broken frames on a KFX400 (I may be wrong, please correct me if so.). Why is that? Did Suzuki do something different when they built the KFX's for Kawi?

Just a quick note, for every 1 broken or cracked frame post, there are a 200 posts praising the Z. I can't explain why that is, but I would hardly call this some kind of Suzuki Conspiracy.

As far as Suzuki taking care of customers that have broken frames, where I come from that's called GREAT Customer Service. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: stop crying about your frames..