Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson tires.. need advise on new ones

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson tires.. need advise on new ones

Well I finally did it......I got rid of my Yamaha Wolverine and ordered a new Vinson the other day.(they didnt have the color i wanted in stock) I cant wait to get this beast home....The only thing that was disapointing about the machine was the stock tires.......very wimpy!!! I need a little advise about what kind of tires to purchase. I'm gonna stay with the stock sizes but i want a tire a little more agressive but one that wont tear up my lawn. Ive been looking around but cant make up my mind....any input would help out a bunch..... Oh BTW , Bearclaws are out of the question... I had them on my wolverine..they were good but not great and they made my machine tipsy. Thanks in advance.
Zig

Old 03-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer

first of all nice choice of bike
i drive a 02 650 kaw myself with 27"bear claws but a good friend of mine has the vinson
very impressed
as far as tires go he runs 27"itp's which are very impressive as well pretty aggressive and still
rides relatively smooth
did loose some power on the top end but no worry of yours if you are staying with stocked size
the power lose was about 10 km so not really that big of deal anyway
good luck on your choice

Old 03-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

just wanted to varify that they were itp 589 on his vinson

Old 03-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

i have the 27" 589s on my 02 vinson. they are great

Old 03-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hello.
My step-father has an 02 Vinson (yellow) and just put 25" Mudlite. The handling and the ride quality is excellent. Next spring when it's time for me to get tires I will go with Mudlites. I am very impressed on how they handle on the ice.

Old 03-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I am either going to go with the Mud lites or Holeshot ATR's on the Vinson, wifes decision. Mudlites are cheaper but I think the ATR's will give a better ride and be more versatile. When I look at the mudlite I see a mud tire, and my wife doesn't like mud right now (maybe she will change her mind when she hits here first puddle)

I have heard good things about the 589's as well. Just depends on what you want in a tire. Find the one that wroks the best in the conditions you ride the most.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

have 589's on mine in 26" size. excellent in snow and mud. will tear up yard. wife has hit me for it. ride quality is good. low speed on pavement feels like a tractor. at very low speed.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Go with the Mud Lite's or Bear Claws both are 6 ply. Both are lite weight. I have sold around 500 sets of the Bear Claws and 100 sets of the Mud Lite's last year and not one complaint about the tires.

Old 03-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

what about dirt devils or 489 X/T 's ....anyone tried these out? I wanna stay away from the bearclaws even though i did like them on my last machine ,they made it feel to tippsy on off camber situations though...but that was a yamaha wolverine.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

well i got my Vinson 5 speed .....nice machine by the way. Anyway The damn stock tires have to go....I ended up getting the ITP Holeshot ATR's. I wanted to to keep stock size and stay lite on the weight side. These tires are like a cross country racing tire for a sport utility machine. Thats just what i was looking for. I dont need the huge mudders and dont really want to tear up the lawn when using it around the home so the atr's seemed to be the right choice. They are 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear just like stock but more aggressive and a 6ply radial......Ill let you guys know how they perform in all situations ,INCLUDING MUD!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Vinson tires.. need advise on new ones