Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT500 CT Racing, Trinity, LRD, Graydon, P.T. pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT500 CT Racing pipe

*Edited the title "LT500 CT Racing pipe". Changed to "LT500 CT Racing, Trinity, LRD, Graydon, P.T. pipes"*

Anyone use the CT pipe or have any info on it? I'm not looking at CT's drag pipe, just the regular pipe and silencer. It's $325 for the pipe and silencer, and it says it's chomed. Is it just the pipe that's chromed or the silencer too? I have a ported zilla with a 45mm carb. I don't drag race, just ride in the dunes so I just need something that's flashy and gives more power than stock. Any opinions on pipes would be appreciated.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

LRD Adjustable is the best dune pipe out there... problem is finding one, as LRD stopped production last fall.
I have no experience with CT, but the dwell section (Fattest part) sure looks small! (Bottom end/Torque pipe) From the looks of your other mods, I'd try and find an LRD... FMF is not much better than stock...
IMHO, Second choice would be a Paul Turner

Old 04-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Dang! I gave them a call and yeah they did stop making them. Anyone here on the forums that works at LRD? I would like to know if they can make that pipe for me. They should still have the stuff to do it.

I've seen another LT500 use the Graydon Proline custom pipe. Anyone use this? If I don't have any luck I guess I will have to look into the PT pipe/silencer.

*added 1 min. later*
How about the Trinity pipe/silencer? They sound like they have some good products. Anyone?

Thanks again

Old 04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT500 CT Racing, Trinity, LRD, Graydon, P.T. pipes

I've seen pictures of Trinity's drag pipe... looks really similar to the pipe I just built!
Can't say how it runs yet... still waiting for the snow to melt.

I've been burned by some of trinitys shop work, but a bolt on should be okay...

Good luck!

Old 04-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Trinity's pipe goes pretty much straight back and hooks into the silencer, whereas the others do the curve thing before heading out. Would Trinity's pipe perform better for all around riding, or just a drag pipe?

Old 04-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, can't say...
I've only seen their drag pipe, which goes out past the left footpeg... Almost sounds similar to the LRD design. (Must cut plastic fender for pipe routing)

It might be worth a call to the Trinity boys to see if they'll tell you what rpm's the pipe is designed to work best... even better if they could give you a dyno curve.
Harry McDermott is the Owner... seems to be a good guy, but I've been burned by his folks..

All else fails, ask alot of questions.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a Trinity in-frame Stage 4 pipe on my LT500. It was very big right where my leg rested against the bike and so it burned the crap out of my leg. I tried wrapping it in header wrap but it would just slide down. The pipe ran good on the top end but lost everything on the lower end and some in the mid-range.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Ok forget that. So I'm stuck with the Paul Turner or CT Racing pipe. Does anyone have a issue of DirtWheels awhile back that has a LT500 pipe test for the dyno charts?

Old 04-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

I've got a PT pipe that I'm very pleased with, it really pulls hard all the way through the powerband, and there's no "wall" to hit on the top end, it just keeps pulling, but the only pipes I have to compare it to are the stocker and a no name (possibly Proline) cracked pipe that came with the bike. I also use it with a CSFX silencer and while it is loud, the "man" don't give me no trouble here in the dunes. I called LRD about their discontinued pipe and they recommended the PT.

Old 04-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I had a 500 with a paul turner pipe. Its a real good pipe. I now have a lt250 with a lt500 motor in it. I bought a CT pipe custom made for this application and it too works flawlessly. I dont think you would regret either pipe. CT is probly cheaper.

Quick Reply: LT500 CT Racing, Trinity, LRD, Graydon, P.T. pipes