Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT250R please help with fuel mix!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT250R please help with fuel mix!!!!!!

Hey guys, I have an 86 quadracer. I have a few questions about fuel-mixes. First a friend told me that the Pennzoil Marine Synthetic mix would be great, it is a TC w-3 certified mix, is this ok to use?? Also, any ideas on the best ratio to use with the Pennzoil if it is ok?? And can I keep leaning the mixture down until it does start to foul plugs to find the right mixture??? I know that the gas is what actually cools the engine, so in other words I don't want to seize it with too lean a mix, but I also don't want it not to be lubricated with too rich of one either. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Old 04-09-2003, 10:40 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Gosh, Suzuki makes a good quality non synthetic oil called CCI Super 2-Cycle motor lubricant that you could pick up at your nearest dealer and you won't break the bank in oil cost. I even use the Suzuki CCI super oil in my Kawasaki KDX because the dealer (mechanic) recommended it years ago. A safe bet would be to mix at 32 to 1. If You have an owners manual I would go by what they recommend.

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2003, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

The Clymer manual I have recommends 20:1 but I run 32:1 in mine also just like Raptoryfm said... 20:1 is an awfully thick mixture but their recommendations are like that from what I have seen. I guess they had rather you foul out plugs than to run too lean and blame it on them... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 32:1 is a safe mixture though.

Old 04-10-2003, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

all you have to do is read the bottle man it should help you out alot if not ask you local dealer's mechanic and try GOLDEN SPECTRO i got great results

Old 04-10-2003, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

it's me again try rejetting your carb it will help out also

Old 04-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Trailblazer

Do not use marine 2 stroke oil in your bike! It will clog your pipe up and leave deposits in your cylinder. Try some belray hc1 or rc1. You can mix it at 40:1 - 50:1. I also have used the old golden spectro. I mixed 5.5 gallons to one 12oz bottle of GS. Ran good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Range Rover

hello everyone... if it's stock 20:1 is ok just a smoke screen in back of you..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
but i run klotz tech plate at 32:1 (love the smell) but there are some mods done..
hope this helps....

Old 04-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

20:1 those clymers are dated... they have synthetic oils out there now that do 50:1 and 100:1
i use bel ray at 50:1 no problems.
read the bottle it tells you the right ratios.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Everybody has their favorite oils.. Mine is Amsoil Series 2000 at 50:1

I myself would shy away from a marine type oil... not that there's anything wrong with it's chemical makeup.. but it's designed for an oil injection system (Like a snowmobile/boat, etc.)

There are other oils out there on the market that are designed for a pre-mix application (This would fit your needs)
Now some oils claim they work for both... or are designed for both.

LOOK AT THE OIL JUG! What does it tell you? Does it recommend a ratio for pre-mix?? If not, I wouldn't use it! Owners manuals, etc. for the old bikes recommend 20:1... but that's back when dino. oil was used exclusively... Oils have came a long way since then... Mix your ratio to what the oil mfg recommends, and re-jet the bike accordingly..
DO NOT ADJUST THE OIL RATIO TO FIT YOUR EXISTING JETTING!!!! That would/could be a recepie for disaster (I.E. Meltdown!)
There is a TON of info on the Web about reading your plug color, and proper jetting techniques... Don't be afraid to do your homework, and learn how to do your own jetting.. It will be worth it in the long run.

Good luck

Old 04-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

stephiesdad,
You are right there! Gold Spectro is an excellent premix. They have been in business for a long time. I use it an have never had any problems with it in any of my quads..

Quick Reply: LT250R please help with fuel mix!!!!!!