Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004 | 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
yeah meanwhile the 68 camaro down the street runs a 502 on nos. I find it really hard for them to be able to take away our old 2-strokes when they are letting the vintage muscle cars run emissions free.
And thank god for that. I got a bigblock chevy nova putting out 600 ponies with 2 chamber flowmasters. and a 700hp open header jet boat that will make you deff in tha amount of time you can get your foot to the floor.

Old 06-11-2004 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

I'm with the beechman on this topic. Took me a hour to read all your piontlees excusses why a 4stroke is better. who cares. 4 strokes still cant compare in hp to a 2 stroke. but one day they might. yes 4 strokes are nice and pretty. but noisy and slow. A properly built and jetted 2-stroke will last as long as a 4-stroke, and the funny thing is a 2 stroke runs at twice the rpm as a 4 stroke. a little more gas for a little more fast is a price I'm willing to pay. Its not like we drive them to work. When I get in the sand I want to go fast. I live for the rush. so a coulpe more gallons a weekend. Who gives a flying fu--. A fun time is priceless.

Old 06-11-2004 | 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

couldnt agree more..... 2 strokes revvv and i love it espacially bikes, i will be sad to see them deminish, but guys dont let that happen!

Old 06-12-2004 | 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Not that it makes much difference, but the people that are rebuilding your two stroke engines prematurely are not doing yourself a favor in the power department. Two strokes make their most power when "slightly" worn out. Even a four stroke makes it's most power when fully broken in. Two strokes are more sensitive to this though. Two strokes are really sensitive to friction. Two strokes really like to wind up and if you go honing and poping new rings in every other month they never will be able the reach their full potential.
If you have lots of money or sponsors you can pop them on a dyno and see if your on the "loss of power" end of the scale. If you are like most of us you can do one of two things. Like DaBeechMan says, you can do a compression or leak down or you can do a time test. I like the time test, that way when you start loosing time going from point A to point B you know it's time to do the rebuild or you are going to start loosing races.

Old 06-12-2004 | 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you said this to me right here: "when u race a bike the top end needs replacements almost every month (gaskets, piston, pin, clips, connecting rod etc.)"

Then you replied to me with this:
"i never told anyone they have to replace a top end every month on this forum. I said every 3 months, check it. I said that "I" replace it every few races, "I" not other people. I also said that it doesnt "NEED" it for the 50th time. Learn to read before you critisize."

I may not be able to read, so its a good thing i can copy and paste. Sounds to me like what your saying is you NEED to replace your top end every month, including piston, pin, clips, CONNECTING ROD. Your so full of yourself it isnt even funny. I guess not all of us are super 125 am. racers that need cranks after every race...rofl

Old 06-12-2004 | 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Ya never know DaBeech, I've heard a piped rm will put out over 300hp

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004 | 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

That's funny pimp.LOL!

Old 06-12-2004 | 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well after reading every posts in this thread it is obvious to me that alot of people dont know shlt about how to set up and maintain a two stroke engine...Just because "they" dont or "their" friends cant, it becomes common knowledge to them that 2 strokes engines arent reliables,pretty laughable if you ask me.As for rebuilding an engine every month because you race it hard give me a break, I can go for a full riding season (from May to Octobre around here) without loosing a single cranking psi in my cylinders and my engines arent exactly stock.

With that said if you are the, I only change my oil or clean the air filter once a year type or if the idea of letting your engine warm up before you go beat the crap out of it is too much for you.Even worst you have no idea what or where a main jet is located and what its purpose is, then yes you are right those engines wont last and seem unreliable to you so you should steer clear form them...

This post wasnt directed to everyone in this thread,there are alot of people that know what they are doing here, it's directed to those who like to talk out of their a$$es and for some reasons most if not all of them ride 4 strokes...Kind of funny when you think about it.

Old 06-12-2004 | 11:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Might as well accept it, the wing ding days are limited. Adapt, or collect the oldies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004 | 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

I like 2-strokes better because i like the winding sounds better and they are a lot faster. 4-strokes may last longer, but they don't go very fast, i don't think too many people are gonna race 4 strokes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The only way i would have a 4 stroke is if i did a lot of hunting in the mountains [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)