Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

I would like to know everyones opinions on these two... i have a 2 stroke and i love it... mixing the fuel is easier than beating a 4 stroke and... it like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i wanna hear every ones opinions....

Old 04-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Range Rover
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

I like a 2-stoke but knowing they dont last very long and are very Whiny, 4-stroke is for me they last longer , have better sound and have you seen a Utility ATV with a 2-stroke lately?

Old 04-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For racing it is hard to beat a 2 stroke but for trails and the occasional race most people prefer the low maintenance of the 4 stoke. I do love the hit and smell of a 2 stroke but for me it just was not right the way to go for the riding i typically do.

Old 04-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

there is no replacement for the two-stroke ring dingers. i will always love my quadracer for as long as i liveand thats a fact. i have put extensive seat time on both the 400's , raptors,one ds , plenty of 4x4's, but nothing compares to the whine and power of a two stroke. when the powerband kicks you in the a$$ you better hang on tight or its leaving without you. i think that its worth the loss of reliability when you switch to two stroke frome four strokes. at the end of the day or end of a sudden full throttle run it all comes down to what excited you the most,and you will be willing to fry a few pistons or rings, or gasket to get that rush you don't get with four strokes. TWO STROKE FREAK 4EVER![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Four strokes are 2 strokes to many!

RoostKing...

Old 04-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

I have both and I still prefer my 2-stroke as well! The newer 4-strokes are nice when you want to play and take it easy, but nothing can compare to a 2-stroke powerband, they are just more fun! It's such a shame that there aren't more 2-stroke performance quads in production.
As far as reliability concerns......my quad rarely gives any trouble. True, a topend job here and there, but it's really simple as compared to rebuilding a 4-stroke. Just my opinion, but I would kill to see a new high performance 2-stroke quad released!

Old 04-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

[i] but I would kill to see a new high performance 2-stroke quad released!
Look at the Gas Gas 300 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I have heard about the Gas Gas 300 too, but there aren't many dealers locally and I'm not sure how hard it would be to get parts. That would be my main concern with that. It sounds like a very nice quad though!

Old 04-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostKing
Four strokes are 2 strokes to many!

RoostKing...
yeah ROOSTKING , iwent to macdizzy.com and i seen all kinds of two stroke stuff its pretty cool you should check it out! I also seen a saying there that went like this "four strokes are a waste of two(strokes) "[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Remember there is still that 700cc twostroke "intimidator" dirt bike engine that may come into contact with an ATV frame someday to be called the "blackwidow" oooh sounds scary fast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)