Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Yamoto 150

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 150

I just bought my kids a 2004 Yamoto 150, and was wondering if anybody else has one and what kind of problems they have had. I don't have much faith in Chinese build quads, but from the little bit of research I have done it looks like they "should" be easy to get compatible parts for them. I would appreciate it if somebody could provide me with a source where I can get like a repair manual or maybe if there is like an online parts place where I can buy parts specifically for the quad. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

I would also like to know more...we just bought a new 2007 150 Yamoto, and before we even get to ride it there are some issues, and it may have to go back to the dealer(6mo warranty)
first issue is that on the right side of the transmission there is a clear plastic tube on the top that looks to be a crankcase vent, well the tube is tied in a knot, and oil is starting to seep between the trans case where the tube is located...I took the tube off, and while the machine was idling, i noticed a sort of transmission wobble...the wobble increases when I raise the engine revs, so Im assuming that a shaft might be bent??....any ideas? The machine is stored up north and i plan to pick it up on the 4-19, and then contact the dealer for repair.
I do love the look of the quad, and as I have read they need to be tuned correctly so I still need to do that, but overall my step-son cant wait to go riding.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

I took my kids out for a weekend on the quad and it ran great all day. The hose on the top of the crankcase should be free to breath. I was looking at mine and thought "HMMM I bet a leaf cutter bee would love to plug that up!!!" So I plugged it with my finger while it was running and it bogged it down. I can tell that mine has been cut short too because of the rough edge on it. I have done a ton of research since my post, and I have discovered some links to people that sell newer name brand carbs, and other engine and trans parts. I also discovered it is a rip off of the GY6 Honda engine and some websites say the parts are interchangeable.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

interesting to know...I have not really broken it in yet, although i did ride it around for a few minutes, and then let it idle, thats when we noticed to leak all around the seal of the right side of the case. I am waiting for the dealer to respond since we just bought 2 different machines from him about a month or so ago. if you have any links, id appreciate any and all help...I do plan on modding the muffler, and air filter so it can breath better since the 90cc redcat we bought at the same time is faster then the 150..lol

Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

Scooter parts but there are some GY6 parts

I am told Mikuni offers a better carb for these quads

This link does not have the 150 but it does have the 110. There are some similarities.

I hope something here helps. I have learned a lot about these little quads. I also did a search on Wikipedia.org on the GY6 engine just for the history behind it. It might eventually be worth getting one to drop in place of the china rip-off.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

awesome, thanks for the links......when yours is running, and your looking at the right side by the trans, does it do any kind of wobble?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

I am going to take the kids out riding this weekend, I will check!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

thanks sooo much.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamoto 150

any news??? on the trans...does it have a wobble?