Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Foreman ES getting a code 2.....Need a Honda mechanic!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreman ES getting a code 2.....Need a Honda mechanic!!

I have a 2007 Foreman 500 ES with 15 hours on it. I've been getting a random code 2 for the past week and a half. I first got it last week out riding and brought it to the honda dealer where I bought it and they were supposedly able to get it to act up right away. They replaced the TP sensor wire involved in the recall checked some wiring and the angle sensor and said it didn't act up anymore and that it was good. Well I brought it home thursday, and while I was at my rider safety coarse today it started acting up again!!

Well I was smart and bought a used HONDA service manual while I was at the dealership last week(I am a ford mechanic so I understand and have a fairly high mechanical ability). What I am wondering is what is the ECM seeing in the code 2(up/down switch) that it's not liking. I see in the schematics, that the harness for the ES runs through the TP sensor as well. Have you guys been seeing any burned out resistors on the TP sensors setting a code, or any sticking ES switchs? I plan to take the fenders off tomorrow and ohm out the TP sensor and check for a bad spot. I also want to check all the wiring harness connectors that the dealer supposedly checked. I just hate driving 3 hours both ways to drop off/pick up the machine(twice a week) and not have it fixed.

Also, it seems that the code only sets(and when it does my ES is disabled) when I come to a STOP. If I am moving it is fine until I come to a complete stop(wheel speed zero). It still drives after the code sets and begins to flash, but the ES just won't shift until I turn the ign off and reset the ECM.

Any help would be great!! This is starting to bug me, it's a new machine that isn't even to it's first service hours and already i'm regretting buying the ES!! We've had a 99' fourtrax at home for 9 years and we've NEVER had a problem....

Old 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreman ES getting a code 2.....Need a Honda mechanic!!

Scratch the above post.....I found my problem hopefully! Go into the honda forum and look for this same post if you want my response.