Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

How to make a track

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make a track

its not like im making a trail its a track I would have to cut down so much woods I really want to build it because the nearest track is like 10 miles and I dont have a truck/trailer/anything to transport it. So I cant get to it when I want and I ride EVERYDAY so I really need something to practice on.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TsXBlaster

o yea I should probably tell you guys its not my property, as far as I know its just the states because well I just dont know so I cant do anything like that because I could EASILY get sued!</end quote></div>

You cant do anything on the property! As ATV'ers we have a bad enough rap already if you go cutting down trees or altering the land in any way you could end up in some serious trouble without written consent from whoever may own it the state or someone else. Someone else may have done stuff on the land and got away with it but there is no guarantee that you will. You and your parents could end up in some serious trouble. Plus the backlash from the community might be irreversible in the form of new ATV laws and restrictions and or banning them all together.

My personal opinion on this matter is you would better serve yourself and the rest of the ATV'ing community if you focused all the energy you are using on making this track and use it to find a way to get to the track that is 10 miles away from your house.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lots of trails to ride, and a track 10 miles away, and u are still unhappy. Im guessing you are a young kid, since u say u have no money. Like others said you should be happy with what you have, I know half the people on here probably would kill for your situation. We all struggle for good spots to ride but it seems you already have plenty. Dont get greedy, or you could end up with no place to ride, or worse some large fines leaving your parents with no other option but to sell your quad to pay them off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

yea Im only 16 and its not like im greedy, I dont like trail riding I think its boring as *****! I like riding the tracks and I dont have a truck or trailer so I cant transport myself there I have to get a ride which is really difficult. So yea I understand for those who just like to casually ride there atv my situation would be AMAZING but im a different more aggressive rider. Ill check to see who owns the property, then just go from there....

Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

How much land do your parents own, best thing to do is to make stuff on your own property, I found that out with my friend during a riding trip ot western Ohio (near Mingo Jct). Theres alot of government land out there that people ride on, and the day we went riding the popos decided to stay and wait at all the different road crossings, lets just say Crownvictoria's don't do so well off road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

I would personally find out where you are doing this and turn you in. ATVers have a bad enough rap(like stated) and you're gonna go and try to clear someone elses land an make a track...way to save our sport.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It is not hard to go down to the town hall and ask the Tax Assessor who owns the property. Once you find that out; you contact the owner, explain that you are a neighbor and ask if he or she would like some of the land cleared in exchange for you putting in a track. Worst thing can happen is they say, "no". It beats giving ATVers a bad name and screwing things up for the rest of us.