Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

1988 Suzuki LT-4WD - No Spark!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1988 Suzuki LT-4WD - No Spark!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys......

Once again, I'm having the same no spark condition with a 1988 Suzuki LT-4WD. I replaced many of the electrical parts including the coil, nothing worked. I gave up and took it to a local dealer to be fixed. When I took the bike in, they insisted on checking the wiring first, and said it was fine. So, a rebuilt stator was installed including quite a few gaskets. Ten weeks later, and a bill of almost $800 (which included 4 new tires) I got my quad back. I plowed my driveway about 5 times, and brought firewood to my deck probably 5 times. It ran like a brand new machine! Then, about 3 weeks ago, it wouldn't start again!!!!! I checked, again, it had NO SPARK! UGH! I borrowed a truck and had to push it to load it. When I got to the repair shop, it started right up. Today, they called and said they cannot get it to start and wanted to see what I wanted to do. He said the bill was already up to $179 for checking the wiring!!!!! But I already paid for that testing of the wires the first time, didn't I??! Obviously, I paid for a rebuild on the stator and gaskets too for no reason. It must have been fine, and the problem is in the wiring somewhere. How come they can't find it?

When I took the bike to the shop, they said it was a "recheck" and they said they would take care of me. I NEVER thought they were going to charge me again unless it needed a part to fix the problem! I've got so much invested in this ATV now, that I have to keep going, but I'll have to find the problem myself. I'll get the bike back home soon. I hope I can talk them out of this last "BS" $179 charge, seeing how I already paid for the wiring check the first time it was there! I feel like I am being ripped off!

(This ATV has never been abused, and I have owned it since it was brand new. It is in excellent condition, except for the electrical problem.)

Can anyone shed some light on this no spark condition?

Thanks,
Jackie

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya mean to tell me, no one has ever had this problem on this forum? Come on guys, someone has gone through this and found an answer!!!! Okay, can someone at least give me a suggestion on where to start troubleshooting this quad?????