Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Any Dodges Out There (part 2??)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Dodges Out There (part 2??)

It's hard to wipe the smile off your face when your driving this truck! Our first trip to WV pulling a Haulmark 7X16 enclosed trailer with 2 Priaires, we got 15.3 mpg. It is at the shop today getting outfitted witha 4" 304T stainless steel exhaust. I am sure he'll put new pics of it in the folder when it gets back home. (Mrs. Q)

Old 04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Quadcrew
Ours has a full size back seat - and full size passenger doors. It's not at all cramped. The "quad cab" is now what the crew cab used to be. Dodge doesn't make the small size back seating area anymore - they're all "crew cab" size now. (at least that is what the salesman told us! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) Mrs. Q
No, the Dodge is not a full-size Crew Cab. You need to go sit in a real crew cab (i.e. Ford, GM) to see what we are talking about. THere is quite a difference in comfort level between what Dodge calls a crew cab and what the other manufacturers offer. I have a Silverado extended cab and have sat in the back of a Dodge crew cab. And I can tell you they are very similar in size and comfort (or lack there of). Fine for the kids or short trips but I would not want to ride back there for more than an hour or two. I am 6 ft tall.

There is rumor that Dodge will offer a true crew cab in 06'.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I hear ya on the comfort thing DS. Fresno to Pismo in the back seat of a Chevy ext. cab. It was lowered and would bottom out when it got bumpy (41 west of Kettleman to those that know the area). The seat backs might as well been solid. Never again.

I've ridden in the back seat of a F-350 CC. Nice. Not as nice as the front though.

Dodge's Quad Cab is just a renaming, and probably a slightly larger size than the old Club Cab. They really need to step up to the plate with a true (full size) crew cab. But they may just not have enough volume to justify adding a line. The new style is growing on me. I loved the '94 body style when it first came out. In fact I put up an ad flyer that came in the paper. Still have em. That Cummins just sounds the best out of the big 3.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I hear ya on the comfort thing DS. Fresno to Pismo in the back seat of a Chevy ext. cab. It was lowered and would bottom out when it got bumpy (41 west of Kettleman to those that know the area). The seat backs might as well been solid. Never again.I've ridden in the back seat of a F-350 CC. Nice. Not as nice as the front though.Dodge's Quad Cab is just a renaming, and probably a slightly larger size than the old Club Cab. They really need to step up to the plate with a true (full size) crew cab. But they may just not have enough volume to justify adding a line. The new style is growing on me. I loved the '94 body style when it first came out. In fact I put up an ad flyer that came in the paper. Still have em. That Cummins just sounds the best out of the big 3.
I agree that the Cummins does have the best sound... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]rool: