Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

pop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 01:44 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pop-ups

Wish I had pictures of it, but a good buddy of mine had put 3500 # axles under his pop up trailer. Them built a rack made out of piping to spread the load on the roof, hauled alot of weight on that thing. Spread the weight out. But like what was mentioned by maddog, watch out as you go down the road.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default pop-ups

As I said earlier, the roof wasn't the problem, it was the suspension. My dad had a 4' extension welded to the back and this really compromised the handling when filled up. I always put my firewood on the front to add weight but it still roamed all over the road.

I believe anything can be modified to do what you want.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default pop-ups

I hate to tell you that you just need to get the right trailer,...but,...I just purchased a pop-up tent trailer that is specifically designed to accomplish your goal. It's great, and I love it. Go check out www.jumpingjacktrailers.com and see what I'm enjoying right now. I came across these guys at a sportman's show here in Phoenix last month, where I put down my deposit. They delivered it to me this weekend at the big gun show at the fairgrounds (I was going anyway, and they had an exhibit). Would you belive I even bought the thing BEFORE I bought my quads?! Yeah,...I was that impressed with it.

Old 04-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default pop-ups

I have been looking at this same thing. I have a solution worked out if I go this route. I was going to mount the pop up on my car hauler then build a metal fram that fitts over it and comes apart with pins and clips. Was going to put the LT80 and another quad ontop the rack and the other two quads on the trailer deck messured it out and it is tight but should work. Just waiting to see if I find the right pop up or if I just buya cabover camper instead. I know it sounds pretty redneck But I saw one set up like this last summer guy said it worked good. Looked ok too, only thing was a little time pulling the rack apart so he set up the pop up.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default pop-ups

i am selling mine due to my wife being pregnant. im not that far from ya.