Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Nissan Titan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 03:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nissan Titan?

They check all of the time out west.

UKzilla, same "RED" diesel setup here. It can be rigged with an aux tank and you can run both and pass the test, but its a lot of work for the money saved.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Default Nissan Titan?

$1.43 / litre translates to about $5.75 / gallon. That means an average fillup for my truck would run $175.00. $175.00 is exactly $100.00 more than I paid for my very first car - which I could fill for $3.00 with the .379 gas available then. I must be old, I remember buying gas at under 20 cents a gallon during some of the local gas wars - and getting a free iced tea glass or Esso Tiger trash can too.

Jaybee

Old 04-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Default Nissan Titan?

Here is a link to a shootout between the Titan and the big three: http://www.truckworld.com/Truck-Test...y/04-4way.html

The Tunda is a well built reliable truck but doesn't come close in the towing department to the Titan.

I don't buy into the argument that we should only buy American trucks. The Titan is completely manufactured and assembled here in the US. GM on the other hand builds their trucks in Canada and Mexico.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

And ford builds them in canada and kentucky. Dodge has a plant in missouri I believe.

I dont think that one should buy a vehicle based soley on the fact that it is made by an American company, but I think that It should weigh in when the going is close.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Titan?

Originally posted by: maddog56
They check all of the time out west.
Maddog, I'm in Law Enforcement, have logged many, many miles on our roadways along with interstate travel, I've never seen a check station looking into pick up trucks to see what color diesel trucks were running in their tanks. Can you elaborate on where they do it all the time out west? Because being from Ca. it does suprise me that they don't do it. But, I've never seen it. I am one that "never says it can't happen or doesn't happen", I've just never seen it in my almost 20 years of being a deputy.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Nissan Titan?

I too am not one to buy soley based on where a pick up truck is built. They all have something foreign about them. But, between the two trucks in the original post, I would take the Titan, they claim it can pull 9200 lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]For that size truck, that's quite a few quads on a trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Maddog, I'm in Law Enforcement, have logged many, many miles on our roadways along with interstate travel, I've never seen a check station looking into pick up trucks to see what color diesel trucks were running in their tanks. Can you elaborate on where they do it all the time out west? Because being from Ca. it does suprise me that they don't do it. But, I've never seen it. I am one that "never says it can't happen or doesn't happen", I've just never seen it in my almost 20 years of being a deputy.
By out west I mean Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and Washington.

They dont check all of the passenger pickups at weigh stations. They do spot check farm and work trucks both by the side of the road and at weigh stations. All it really takes is a clear tube and a pressure bulb. You stick it in the tank and pull some fuel out and check the color. My uncle is a welder from out west and has his truck rigged for the jobsite. I have other family out there who own ranches and they have relayed the same information.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Nissan Titan?

By out west I mean Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and Washington.

They dont check all of the passenger pickups at weigh stations. They do spot check farm and work trucks both by the side of the road and at weigh stations. All it really takes is a clear tube and a pressure bulb. You stick it in the tank and pull some fuel out and check the color. My uncle is a welder from out west and has his truck rigged for the jobsite. I have other family out there who own ranches and they have relayed the same information.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, fortunately, I havent seen it out here. It does surprise me though that it isn't done. At least on a larger scale. Like you described, it's not hi-tech to do it. But, If they started it out here, the public would be screaming that law enforcement has better things to do with their time then checking the color of diesel fuel in trucks. Thanks again for the info. Ride Safe, Lt.Dan

Old 04-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

over here in the uk its just seen as the govy on a money grabbing mission, same with clamping down on vehicle tax, speed cameras etc, its unfortunate that the police are baring the brunt of the publics disatisfaction, many normal everyday good honest people are ending up on the wrong side of the law and the cops are getting to a point of having no respect and zero credability,

you expect the criminal types to have a dislike of the police as there an ocupational hazard they would be glad to do without,

but when the average man in the street has no respect things need to change,

Old 04-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Nissan Titan?

I too have "heard" of them checking. Who, how, when or why, I don't know. I suppose it would probably fall upon the CHP to do it if they thought somebody was being sneaky. We only have one diesel cargo van and the guy who used to drive it got caught filling up one day. The other trucks/cars are all gas. Diesel equip. are a couple Ditch Witches and a big fork lift. The fine is supposed to be $1,000 per offense.

Popped up this about enformcement in CA at the CA Farm Bureau.

Fines are $1,000 first offense...and BTW, you get hammered by both Unlce Sam AND his little sister. Either the CHP (for on-road checks) or a team of IRS and FTB (Franchise Tax Board is the state version of the IRS for non-CA folks.) And to do the checks they can just come on in and test it. Laws (fed & state) say they can. I can just see my boss now if they showed up here.

So it's $2,000 first shot, plus they can audit and charge you the back taxes with penalties, interest, etc. Each offense is a multiplier. 2nd offense is 2x ($4,000). Third offense is 3x $6,000), etc. etc. Gotta love Google.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan?