Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Truck or Trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Truck or Trailer?

I have a 20' flat bed trailer with short side rails. I get 4 quads on it with all our camping gear. I have a canopy on my truck most of the time so I always use my trailer, even if for only one quad. I have a camper that I use when we go on trips to the dunes. I take the camper off the truck when we get to where we are camping so I have the truck to drive around with. Electric jacks makes this easy and fast.
If you invest in a trailer you can use it to haul the quad and when or if you go on an extended camping trip with your quad you can use the bed of your truck for all your camping gear and firewood. get a trailer that's able to haul 2 or more quads.

Old 05-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck or Trailer?

My friend has a 250 ATC that he shuts the gs off on and RUNS IT DRY. We load that in first in my 89 Ford F250 Long bed. set standing up it up Then break out the ramps and put my Warrior in with the tail gate down. CHAIN the back to eye hooks I have rigth next to the tailgat and sinch it forward with tie downs. Another chain across the hooks where the tailgate goes a little higher. The gas cans fire wood and tent bag all fit in once they're loaded. Clothes, gear and food in the king cab back seat. 70 Plus down the road. Oh ya gotta tie down the ramps too under the Warrior.

the pain comes when we get to a place like Glamis. Better to unload it in the harder packed stuff drive the truck to a camping spot, then ride the toys over. Learned that the hard way once when we loaded up in camp and TRIED to get out.