Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Anyone have a cummings desiel

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a cummings desiel

interesting. our testing is on rollers, and i thought there was a dyno. it's only for the greater city/valley area. we call it purple diesel, or purple gas. same deal, tax man will really hits ya if you get caught cheating. Marking the fuel is probably yet another great Canadian invention copied by our American neighbors [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now the aircare deal we definitely stole from you guys. Actually, a California Co. had a contract to run the system for us, which really po'ed the locals cuz they figured a gov't program like that shoulda been run by locals.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
It's really not that long of a post.....

I know powerstroke's doesn't smoke unless he's trying to catch up to a Cummins. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]q]

No, BlackandRed, It's when we are pulling the Dodge and it's trailer up Cuesta grade, that's when it smokes. Alot of dead weight back there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] j/k Lt. Dan

And boy, do you know your bioGasses, Does it come to you naturally???LOL

Old 07-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

haha Dan, funny. I got some BioGas for you right here...

Ahhhh to be back in the Fresno heat after a weekend in Pismo...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I beat the transportation financials this weekend...rode with a couple friends. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
haha Dan, funny. I got some BioGas for you right here...

Ahhhh to be back in the Fresno heat after a weekend in Pismo...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I beat the transportation financials this weekend...rode with a couple friends. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
LMAO BlackandRed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I take it the weather was darn near perfect?

Did they finish the road work at Hwy33 and Hwy41? Hoping to do a 4-7 day trip there in the next few weeks. Lt. Dan

Old 07-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider

They are never gonna finish that damn thing. But the new part is now open on 41. 33 is still blocked. Looks to be like a signal there as the anchor bolts are sticking up. They appear to also be grinding up the old section. They had to have just opened this sucker up too. Nice. Though we did come way too close to having a head-on with someone passing right as we got onto the new section. Would have had quads all over the place (2 Blasters were sideways, tires touch bottom to bottom and my Warrior on a little trailer.) But it's wide enough that you could squeeze 4 cars side by side if it came down to it. Has about a carwidth shoulder on each side.

Weather was pretty good Saturday. We rolled onto the beach about 9:20pm Friday night. And it was a sellout this weekend. Probably will be each weekend through Labor Day. Today is was foggy. You could watch the fog roll in off the water down on the beach. Pretty cool. Managed to get myself extra crispy on my face. I'm guessing the helmet would wipe off the sunscreen when I'd take the helmet off. I soooo miss the showers from Hollister. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Nothing really eventful happened out there. Ohhh...wait...some weird people that do that Burning Man thing lit a 30' tall paper guy. "JUNKMAIL MAN 2004" according to the lazer lights. Didn't burn long. Though lighting him up with a flame thrower was interesting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Spent a lot of time watching people get stuck on Sand Highway. We were camped next to the entrance (and Kudos to Parks for roping off the entrances so people don't camp ON Sand Highway!) at one point counted 3 or 4 toy boxes stuck nearly side by side. Hint: Air your tires down, and try 4WD BEFORE you get onto the soft stuff. You don't look cool sitting there with your back axle on the sand with your tires spinning like mad and actually moving and 1' every 5 seconds. ok, off my high horse.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Quad Patrol

Thanks for the report, So, if I understand you correctly on 33, it's shut down. So, if I came south from Avenal, I would not get to 41? I, take that route to bypass Kettleman. Glad you made it safely out of that close accident. They really need to make that whole stretch 2 lane each way.

Have you used the showers at the campground just off the beach? I don't remember the name of the park, It's a county park, second right, from the first exit leaving the beach. Park right next to the lake. It's only 75 cents for a 5 minute shower. We take one right before the long ride home.

AAAhhhhh, Burning man in Nevada. Know a guy who goes, I'll pm you his web page if I can find it, interesting. Lt. Dan

Old 07-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Air Cooled Rider

33 is still open. Just not as finished. Still running on the old road bed. Haven't stripped the new side yet. I wish they'd make it double lanes all the way through there, but I'm not sure they are going to. It would make too much sense, but cost too much cents. But it's needed. Hopefully the light will help out with the holiday nastiness.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Actually, I like it when CHP sits there for hours on in. Lights will only make it worse. Not as much north and south traffic and the light will only add delays. CHP can wave traffic through minutes at a time. Lights will rotate depending on how they are timed. They should just put in a bridge. Actually, in the beginning, it looked like they were going to do that.