Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

fleetwood toy hauler

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fleetwood toy hauler

I am supposed to have a class A license since my trailer has a GVWR of 13,000 but who does? No one, you see hundreds of them out on the road and no one has problems. CHP could care less unless you are trying to tow it with a toyota or nissan or some other unsafe tow vehicle.

California rules suck. Its amazing once you get out of the state, if you arent going 75 semi's are passing you. The 55mph is total BS and needs to be applied to "semi's" or commercial vehicles only, not all vehicles towing trailers. I cruise at 65-75 all the time without a problem and good thing i have a radar detector to catch the chp's before they catch me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh ya, i hate this state, too many taxes, too many rules, and too many democrats/liberals. lol

Once i graduate from college this next spring i am looking to relocate to the Reno area to get out of this state.

Just my .02

Sean

Old 08-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Jetsnow, Get pulled over and then see if CHP cares. Driving out of class. Yea, they will just turn the other way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The thing with going out of state and doing 75 plus is majority of the states surrounding us do not have the amount of vehicles on the roadway like us. One more person moving out of state will only be replaced by 2 more moving in. Enjoy

Old 08-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look up Tork-Lifts Superhitch. We have the store here locally that makes them and patented them.
Those are awsome, my buddy uses one. Can't remember the numbers, but something like 1600 lbs TW or maybe more. I'll try to find you a link, or try searching for it.

We have an 04 Weekend Warrior FB3000(its a front bathroom 31' box bumperpull) and i think you could haul 6 quads in it. We have hauled 3 quads and a golf cart in it and still room for atleast 1 more quad and a golf cart is almost the size of 2 quads. It will be for sale after labor day weekend too
My cousin has this same trailer, or the one size smaller, can't remember. It's a 2003 model I believe.
They have the one with the front sleeper (quees bed).
Without the front sleeper, I believe they have almost 20' of rear cargo area. I've looked at them and think you could probably get 6 in there. I know I can get 5 in there. He has had no problems with it and loves it. I have a buddy that has a smaller WW and also love it.

Good Luck

Old 08-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello there i read what you said about the gearbox toy hauler.and my goodfriend is having major problems with his.i told him about this forum and he read what u posted,and found it very interesting.he tried to sign up to to get some info from u but wasnt able to so hes was hoping you would email him what u know about this problem his email is azstonekid@aol.com. thank you for the help.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Depending on what you really want in a trailer... you might try looking at either the Alluminum trailer company's new models, or look at race car trailers like PACE. They all are building a hauler that incorporates living space.... and I believe their construction method is much beefier because they start out as a car hauler, and are adding the features you need versus starting out as a camper with a rear door.

Ask how they are constructed and stay away from anything that uses wood for the framework that the skin attatches to. Go for full Alluminum construction. I've had problems with wood pulling staples out on trailers before, and it isn't pretty...

The nice thing about ATC is you can spend the 25K plus if you want living qarters, or spend 10 to 12 K for an enclosed snowmobile trailer and add things like foldable beds, sinks etc. They can be had with a v-nose and extra height if you need it too.

Old 08-14-2004, 03:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: GiantRV
I sold the new gear box at the last dealership i worked at, when they came out they had some major hitch weight problems, and still are, i would go with a warrior, better price too. let me know
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] In regards to your last letter, I have a 04 GearBox that seems to be having a weight or hitch problem. Weather the trailer is loaded or empty, it keeps egging out the whole on my recever hitch. The recever hitch has been replaced twice, including the one that came with the truck. I have 4 quads that I load in it and pull it with my F250. What kind of advise can you offer me about my problem. Both Fleetwood and the dealer where I purchased it, are aware of this problem and claim that they are trying to solve it. Do you know anyone who had this problem corrected and how. AZStonkid@aol.com Plaese responed to me with the title, "Fleetwood Gearbox".

Old 08-17-2004, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

Stonekid......What I would suggest is have the sides of the reciever hitch reinforced where the pin holes are. take two pieces of 1/8 inch steel 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 and drill a hole in the center of the plate the same size as your pin, then have them welded on and give them a shot of black krylon...trust me it work & looks good! If the problem your having is the 2 inch opening is egging out, grind off the small reinforcment strap and weld on a larger piece of square tubing that fits over the outside diameter of your reciever hitch opening 1 1/2 to 2 inches should work and weld it on there.

hope this helps,
JLew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]