Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?

Yep. And an RV dealer will GLADLY sell it to you, and even install the hitch on that truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you all very much for this informative discussion.......

Tow vehicles DO play an important part of this equation.

FYI, I've got a 3/4 ton Dodge V10 (they run the 1 ton axle too), have airbags in back, 5 way click adjust RS9000 shocks, 2" lift, and 295 series tires to carry what I do now............I carry a 4500 pound truck camper and tow a enclosed trailer with 2 quads.

A smaller sized trailer with seperate quad parking would get the truck camper, litterally, off my back.

While I'd love a 37-40 Taj Ma Trailer, thank you for the link to the Weekend Warrior FBD2600 and 3000.......

now just to see what Mama likes. 'Cuz if Mama ain't happy, noooooo body happy......he heh heh.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer

If you want to see the best TOYHAULER I ever seen look at www.aluminumtrailer.com and look at the T6SG Toyhauler. I saw these in person and they were by far the best I've ever seen and I have a seen a lot. Good luck! GLWBEAR

Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: GLWBEAR
If you want to see the best TOYHAULER I ever seen look at www.aluminumtrailer.com and look at the T6SG Toyhauler. I saw these in person and they were by far the best I've ever seen and I have a seen a lot. Good luck! GLWBEAR
yup!!! ATC makes some pretty top-knotch specialized stuff.

I have seen the quality up close,,,,,and even talked to some very happy customers (who were actually having warranty work done on their trailer)(plywood manufacturer defect).

Someday I will order one,,,,someday!!

Old 08-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Too bad that T6SG weighs 18,000 lbs. By the time you buy a 2-ton truck to tow it with it gets a bit spendy.

[edit] I just specked out a T6SG on aluminumtrailer.com, and if I include the options I would get in a $39,000 Rampage 385, which comes with a cherry wood interior, and makes a Weekend Warrior look like a log cabin in comparison, the T6SG cost $58,382. Wow those aluminum trailers are overpriced, especially for a toyhauler that looks like a Pace cargo trailer on the outside. And you can't even stand up in the bedroom of the aluminum trailer (betcha that would get old fast). I haven't seen one in person though, so I won't say anymore. I'm sure they are very well built trailers.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is a very significant difference between the Rampage and an ATC toy hauler. The ATC incorporates an entirely all-aluminum, all-tube construction. The Rampage is constructed of steel and built on an RV style frame which is not nearly as well engineered as the ATC frame. This is the biggest single reason to consider the ATC trailer as it is built to withstand real world conditions that toy haulers often encounter.

I looked over the offerings of Rampage and they are not competing in the same arena as ATC. ATC utilizes a solid wood construction on their cabinets...Maple, Oak or Cherry (your choice), it's not a vinyl covered wafer board that will come apart in short time. The drawers are dovetailed (not stapled) both front and rear and are again, solid wood construction, not a plywood. The full extension drawer guides are rated at 100lbs per pair (unheard of in the industry, but it again appears they are rated for real world use). The cabinets are handcrafted by Amish artisans...not mass produced on an assembly line.

The slide out on a ATC t6SG is an HWH, recognized as the finest available in the industry. Many trailers experience significant problems with their slideout mechanisms because they cut costs by using inferior products. ATC is not a mass producer, cutting pennies at the expense of quality is not in their mission plan. Less than 50 ATC Route 66 Collection toy haulers are built annually, that's less than one per week whereas most manufacturers can run that many in less than a week. You can consider a cookie cutter toy hauler, but please remember the old addage, "You get what you pay for", it's never more true than in the trailer industry.

ATC's t6SG also comes standard with features like, a full FIBERGLASS shower (not ABS), porcelain toilet (not plastic), (2) furnaces, ducted A/C and heat (the garage is heated and cooled), 27" flat screen TV, 200 watt surround sound sound system (6 speakers), AM/FM/CD/DVD player, heated plumbing including holding tanks, convection microwave oven and the list goes on and on.

Simply stated this is an apples to oranges comparison and the ATC t6SG just isn't marketed to compete against a trailer like the more mainstream rampage. Certain people have certain requirements when they make a purchase like a toy hauler and the ATC is geared toward the high end consumer that expects and demands the absolute highest level of quality, fit and finish available.

As for tow vehicles, a 2 ton tow vehicle isn't required...a 1 ton performs just fine towing a t6SG. I'm certainly not trying to be critical with anyone, I just wanted to make certain that people understand the difference between an RV style toy hauler and an aluminum frame cargo style toy hauler...you'd be amazed at all the particulars! Good luck shopping.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Rather than the 17000 lb monster, and a more expensive monster truck to haul it with, it would be much cheaper to buy a motorhome and tow an enclosed trailer....

We currently have the 20' funrunner toy trailer, (love it), my wife wants me to get a motorhome next time, and pull a small enclosed trailer....

That really would be much cheaper, and make momma happy too....

Old 08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think pulling a smaller trailer with a motorhome is great if you don't mind putting the money into a motorhome...it takes pretty big motorhome to match the accomodations of an ATC t6SG...it also takes a hefty penny to match the quality, fit and finish. Keep in mind most motorhomes are built like most RV travel trailers...they utilize cookie cutter manufacturing techniques where cutting pennies is the most important concern, not delivering a product that will deliver longevity in real world conditions.

The other concern is making certain that your motorhome is rated to pull the trailer you choose. Many motorhomes simply aren't designed to carry their weight plus the additional weight of a trailer. Make certain you look into this before purchasing the motorhome.

Again, the ATC product simply isn't designed for everyone...it's a niche product designed specifically for customers who wouldn't consider a toy hauler because of the lack of quality that is too often found in such trailers. If you ever get the opportunity to see one firsthand I am certain you will agree there really isn't another product like it.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

If you ever get the opportunity to see one firsthand I am certain you will agree there really isn't another product like it.
I would have to concur!! They are very impressive up close,,,,,,but they really are a niche product.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to see one in person. Do they have any dealers out west? I live 160 miles away from Vegas.

And why don't they build a fifth wheel trailer with a raised roof line? Something like the Weekend Warrior SLC 3905 would be nice, for instance. When I walk into a Weekend Warrior I see a roomy comfortable toyhauler that has enough headroom to stand in the front bedroom, has high spacious cathedral-like ceilings with big windows, and an open airy appeal to it (picture). When I look at the ATC fifth wheel I see a short boxy cargo trailer with nice cabinets, but not enough headroom to stand up in the bedroom, and limited outside storage space compared to other big fifth wheels. And the ATC fifth wheel cost $20,000 more. It is hard to "see" the quality from pictures, so I am at an disadvantage here, although I always try to buy the best quality I can afford. Hence the question, ... do they have any dealers near me?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?