Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?

I saw a VERY nice toy hauler, called a Raptor, which had a seperate room in back that could haul quads totally closed off and seperate from the living quarters.

Any other manufacturers have this option or style?

I've never seen a Weekend Warrior, Desert Fox, or others that do this, and its really nice being able to get into the kitchen area or front bedroom without having to crawl over all the loaded bikes.

Who else make a seperate room toy hauler trailer?

thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Most manufacturers do. Look for ones that have a "Partition Wall" or something like that.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-13-2004, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

We have a KZ brand toy-hauler with the seperate garage. It is 10 feet long and I can fit all 3 of my quads in with the wheels on the floor. There are several that make them with the garage, plusses and minuses to each kind.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

How about a patio hauler.

goes from a garage to a patio

Old 08-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

picture of patio hauler

Old 08-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

We have been looking for a toy hauler just like that. Here are some of the better ones we have found.

Rampage makes a very nice 5er with the separate garage that is one big toy hauler. It is a model 385, that is 40 ft long, triple axle, and weighs in at 17000+ lbs when fully loaded. It retails for $45,000, but can usually be bargained down to about $39,000 with all the bells and whistles included (dual slideouts, cherry wood interior, fiberglass sides, 5K generator, dual pump stations, microwave, stereo, etc.). Better have a one-ton dually with at least 600 ft lbs of torque to tow this one.

Warrior makes at least two models, with one being their SLC top of the line toy hauler. It is also a 40 foot long 5er with dual slideouts, triple axle, and it weighs 17,000 lbs. and cost $45,000. Warrior dealers don't seem to want to work with you on price as much as other brands though, so you will pay more for this one.

If you want a pull type toy hauler instead of a 5th wheel, then the other model of Weekend Warrior may be worth looking at. It is a front bath pull type toy hauler with a divider wall after the living area. Warrior makes a model FBD 2600, and a model FBD 3000, but you can have Warrior custom build one up to 34' long if you want, which would give you a 14 foot long garage area. Here are two pictures of an extended 34' long FBD Weekend Warrior.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: OuterLimit
...Better have a one-ton dually with at least 600 ft lbs of torque to tow this one.
These trailers require more that your typical Dually (i.e. F-350, Chevy/GMC/Dodge 3500). These require Class 4 trucks "2-tons". Ford F-450 or F-550 (550 has a higher payload = good for 5th wheels, same towing). And the Chevy 4500/5500. I don't know much about the Chevys however.

A 17,000lb 5th wheel will be putting down up to 5,100 lbs (30%) on the pin. You're smack dab on the payload limit on a F-350 dually there. That's without any passengers.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

My 1-ton GMC is only rated to tow 16,800 lbs., which makes me wonder what portion of these big fifth wheels are really being towed by 2-ton trucks, and what portion are just pulled by 1-ton trucks. I even see these trailers being towed by 3/4 ton short bed trucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 08-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I would hazard a guess that most of these big 5ths are being towed unsafely and illegally.

Here in CA any 5th wheel travel trailer rated 15,001lbs and higher require a Class A Non-Commercial License. 10,001-15,000lb require an endorsement to the standard Class C license. Bumper tows 10,001 and more require a Class A Non-Commercial license. Note, those are only for trailer coaches.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

This post has been eye opening. Many of the fth wheel units that have separate ATV storage areas are "out of bounds" for legal use with a one ton pickup. The Rampage and KZ models are too heavy to legally be towed with a one ton pickup.

Quick Reply: Which Toy Hauler have seperate ATV storage and Living Qtrs?