Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Got a HEMI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin' my Hemi tomorrow YEEYY

I'm getting a 2004 hemi quad cab shortbox sport in red tomorrow. I can't wait. I have the red Grizz, so it will be cool to load it up and just haul it around. Those toys are gonna be the coolest. Sorry to be bragging, I am just happy. I will post pics tomorrow after I wash the Grizz. I took it to Oklahoma with me last week and rode in the mud on the ranch I own half of. Life is good.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Good choice on a great truck!!! Did ya get the 4x4?

Old 08-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, sorry, It is a 4x4. SLT with the sport package. I need to get some tow hooks and a class IV receiver hitch installed too. I will have to do that beofe I can haul my Grizz. I would use the bed, but I don't have good ramps. Just homemade jobbies.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Nice truck! You need to get out and light it up, just checking the Hemi of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats. I had a short bed Dodge (2003), now I have a LB (2004). Just a note, the Dodge SWB has a pretty small bed. I have to put some ramps in the back to park the quad on so I could put the tailgate down. Can't remember if that was for the Grizz or Prairie though.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hell ya brother, Dave 23 from flint, Michigan. I too have a 04' Dodge Ram quadcab hemi sport rollin on the 20's. nice truck hav 15,000 miles on it so far and havn't had it a year yet but I drive the expressway to work an hour each way. the only problems I've had are the A piller pulled off while gettin in and using the grab handle, exhaust manifold leak-fixed now, front axle vent tube came out of retaining clip and melted on exhaust converter, the two front infinity door speakers distorted-replaced twice so far. glass foglight hit by stone on highway after 1 week-fixed for free by dealer.

I have the dodge bedliner, dodge premium tonnaeu cover, tow pkg, sport/chrome pkg. and a killer infinity sound system. the seven factory infinities and two 10" infinity reference subwoofers under the rear seats. I bought the speaker enclosure from www.musicmooseaudio.com and got the subs buy one get the second half off at circuit city. I installed a Kicker class D 460 watt mono amp and rockford fosgate 4gauge amp kit. little tricky to wire into the radio cause I didn't have a wire schematic but I figured it out by taking the front door panels off to find the wire colors to tap my RM signal convertor into so I could keep the factory radio. let me know and I'll email you pics if you want.

great choice on the truck and color, red is an eyecatcher. wife said I coudn't get red due to how fast i like to drive. so I got silver witch looks good hauling my black and silver 2004 polaris 700 EFI around. oh ya as far as ramps go, go to www.harborfreight.com or the local HF store and get the nice mesh ramps for about 40 bucks for the pair. thats what I'm using right now till I can afford a trailer.

Old 08-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the info SilverBullet2005. I got the SLT sport group. That is really all there is to it right now. It is an awesome looking truck and does haul some booty. I have a lil over 200 iles on it. I love it. more pics to come.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

I have one and all I can say is" Get used to buying gas". It is a good truck though.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Man you ain't kiddin'. Mine is getting about 14/16 miles to the gallon right now. I know that onct it is broke in it will be a little better but this is like the first day of break-in on my Grizz, can't wait for it to be over. I have about 670 miles on it now. I live 25 miles from town so driving to work is getting expensive. It's worth it though. I love this truck.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

You must be lucky or have a light foot im getting 11-12 mpg and i have a standard cab w/14K miles

Quick Reply: Got a HEMI?