Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Carson Trailers....OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson Trailers....OPINIONS

New to this part of the forums. Was at the Sand Sports Super Show this weekend and had a look at the line of Carson trailers. I dont have a toyhauler yet, but for the money they seem like the best value to option ratio. I would like to hear any comments regarding the quility and construction of these trailers. Any comments appriciated. Thanks

Old 09-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 20' covered car hauler that I use for my toy hauler, look at my pics. I carry 4 quads, 2 raptors, 1 450r and a 400ex. I use to carry them on a flat bed, but the covered trailer for me is the only way to go. You can store and carry with out having to unload all the time. I put in vents, lights, battery with a little solar panel to keep the battery charged when not hooked up. JMT

Old 09-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I looked long and hard at these and I found that the better buy was the Baja'! Check them out! Depending on where in CAlifornia you live I went to this place (the guy is a jerk, but great deals) Carl's Acres of Trailers They have similar features and I like the convinience of the Baja. The "B" model is the better bet if you like the Baja. I eventually ended up getting an Attitude, bacause everything was standard.
The Carson, I kept hearing have poor/light weight designs. The roofs are lightweight and the floor paneling as well is not the best. Compare the Carson to the Baja and find out for yourself. There are tons of other options as well as far as trailers go! Good luck

Old 09-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

There is no question that Carson has the most features for the money and also that they tend to use lowest cost appliances and lowest cost methods of construction. I have friends with the Carson Funrunner and others with the Weekend Warrior, one of most expensive. Complaints and problems are about equivalent. So it depends on what is most important to you. I would not even shop anymore but instead just order a Carson Funrunner factory direct equiped just exactly as you want and not be concerned about lack of frills. Spend your money on something important like chrome sidecases and grill for that new Banshee you really do need.