Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

4x8 folding trailers from harbor freight

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x8 folding trailers from harbor freight

does anyone have one of these folding trailers from harbor freight, I am looking for a trailer to haul my sportsman 700 EFI from point A to B. I will be plowing this winter and want to use one of these trailers to haul the quad around. I also am wondering if one of these trailers would be good to take from michigan to west virginia or not. if anyone can give me some suggestions it would be appreciated. thanks

Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

I've had one of these for a little over a year. I did not cut my deck so it is solid and can't be folded, I think it helps with keeping it rigid. I haul my 500 on it all the time about 70 miles one way to where I ride. I would definitely get the one with the 12 inch tires. Nice thing is that if you put a ball on your 4 wheeler it can be a handy trailer to use with your atv. Haul grass clippings and tree limbs with mine. Lots of bolts and time to put one together, just make sure to check it over each time you use it the first couple of times to check for any bolts that get loose. Never had any get real loose but did have few that I re-snugged.

Sorry for the long post, but I really think they are great little trailers for the money.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I just ordered one the other night. I ordered the 4'x8' one with 12" tires. From what I've read online via google searches, these trailers are a great value for the money. For $219 shipped, I could not pass it up. I printed out the directions from harborfreight.com and they're pretty detailed. They even give you a supply list and diagram to build the optional side stakes.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

we modified one for a waverunner and it works great.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

what is the metal like on these? is it stout enough that it could handle being welded instead of bolted??

d

Old 10-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

have one, works well only thing is i would not reccomend drive a quad up the trailer unless you have 2 guyz hold the trailer to slowly put it back down, i was slamming it down doing it myself and thats a bad thing, its not that strong,worse part of weakness for the trailer is the part where it hinges in front seems a bit weak, other then that the trailer is perfect for a honda rancher, i also have the 2x4 siding put on that i made my self, i have the 12 inch wheel one, and i put ramps on so i don't have to unlock the trailer from the locked postions, i also took off the wheel to put the trailer in storage they really kill clearance, other then that perfect, u can weld the trailer don't really see y u need too as the trailer only can hold around 1500 pounds

Old 10-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I was looking on harbor freights website and seen they have the heavy duty folding trailer for $219 plus shipping and the heavy duty non-folding trailer for $349 plus shipping.
I called the local harbor freight store to see what they had in stock and they're out of the folding models but have two of the heavy duty non-folding models in stock and have them on sale for $299. I think I would be happier with the non-folding model, seems like it would be stronger and have less maintenance issues. I am also going to go up to gander mountain and see what there prices are on there 4x8 trailers. gander mountain carries the carry-on trailers which are the same as lowes and tractor supply co. and there prices are way less for the same brand and size.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

silverbullet2005,
My foldable trailer didn't cost me anything to ship, just a $5.95 "handling fee". However, I know the trailer comes in pieces, so I'm assuming it's shipped in a few boxes.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

they are shipped in 2 boxes weighing around 287 pounds, comes on a freight truck, like yellow or roadway

Old 10-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LittleBill
they are shipped in 2 boxes weighing around 287 pounds, comes on a freight truck, like yellow or roadway
Cool, thanks.

How do they arrange the delivery day and time? Does the shipper call you? I found out via the automated phone system that my order will ship today.

Quick Reply: 4x8 folding trailers from harbor freight