Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Chevy or Ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford

I don't know which one is better? However, I am happy to say that as of yesterday. My 2001 ford ranger is now paid for in full! I am very happy about that. I am sure some people will laugh about the ford ranger and maybe its a good idea its paid for so I will have some money for repairs. HA! HA! It does pull around my polaris atv and trailer. What can I say. Talk nice about Hillary! I like her but I don't think she does and thats why Bill did, if you get my lingo?!- rangerchet

Old 01-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default Chevy or Ford

Yea I don't like dodge that much myself when it comes to trucks.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

Man, you just lit the match that will start an explosion of fist fights!! hahahaha. BUILT FORD TOUGH ALL THE WAY BABY!!! Of course thats what our family has always had. My grandpa started it i think. He used to have Cadillacs and Chevy station wagons since he had 7 kids!! He bought his first lincoln in late 60's and never looked back to GM. Everyone makes great vehicles to a certain extent. Depends on what you grew up around. I was born with blue in my veins and that will never change. I prefer the old Fords, I don't like that computer stuff! Old iron is the way to go but a new Ford GT would definately be in my garage if i had the freakin money!

Old 01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chevy or Ford

hmmm, not many have taken the bait. well, I like Ford, my father-in-law =GM. Ford for me cuz my dad has worked for FoMoCo for 40 years. My '86 Topaz (Tempo) was by far the worst car I've ever owned. All my Ford trucks have been strong. Front ends seem to be weak in the upper/lower balljoint dept.

my in-law has worked his S-10 to death and I'm amazed that the auto-tranny & 4.3L engine have held up to the abuse he's given it. And ZERO maintenance to ANY of the fluids, except oil changes. So i got a fullsize 4.3L AWD van. It has been a money pit. The drive train is strong, but EVERYTHING else has been a nightmare, including $800 fuel pump (that's JUST the part cost).

If we were talking cars, my '86 Honda Prelude SE was the best car I've owned for reliabiltiy, performance, and the beating it could take.

Old 01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

Dodge............

Old 01-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

small trucks I like fords, full size chevy all the way, dodge sucks with all they make

Old 01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Range Rover
Default Chevy or Ford

Depends on what situation you are talking about. Our company just bought 5 new 05 Ford F350 superduty's and we lost 4 tranny's out of the 5 before they hit 1,000 miles. The 5th just went into the dealership today for the 2nd time to have the injectors replaced and its under 1,500 miles. Then there is more good news from the dealer.... it seems the new 6.0 is now having problems with their water pumps too. So I'm not really impressed with Ford right now. Seems like if a person paid a little over $200,000 for 5 new trucks then you would think they would at least make it over 1,500 miles. But we also have horror stories with chevy's too...... I'm just so frustrated right now I cant seem to think of them...... LOL. Just a little inside info.... if you are planning to buy one of these trucks then I would give Ford a year to iron out the bugs!!!!!

Old 01-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Range Rover
Default Chevy or Ford

Hey man, I am very curious as to what your companie does with those trucks to break all of them so fast. I mean gosh, Make and model aside what the hell is going on?????

Old 01-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Chevy or Ford

If you weren't getting but 1,000 miles out of a tranny I wouls suspect you guys are doing something wrong...SERIOUSLY wrong. THough, if you just bought them, the dealer should have made a change on the tranny. There is a TSB on the TorqShift for something. Can't remember what. I'd really be suspect of how the vehicle was treated. And with them being corporate vehicles, most likely treated like garbage.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

Originally posted by: RaptorRider619
Hey man, I am very curious as to what your companie does with those trucks to break all of them so fast. I mean gosh, Make and model aside what the hell is going on?????
my thoughts exactly! i heard the 6.0 had a better tranny. ANd i've got the '99 7.3 with the older tranny and i gross 18,500 LBS + and i tow some steep grades fine. BUT, i also downshift where necessary.

a logger cousin had a '95 PSD and complained about blowing tranny....after he tried dragging a 20,000lb load thru 3' of mud in the bush. I mean, there are some things you can't realistically expect a truck to do! And these guys all love the Cummins/Dodge with a MANUAL tranny. they like it a lot more thsn the PSD s and they sure beat 'em up in the bush.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford