Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Chevy or Ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chevy or Ford

Hey cornfarmer, thanks for the honest feedback. if you used that avatar up here in vancouver, they'd cal ya pot-farmer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

do you find either of them pull a heavy load better than the other, or about the same? your ford problem sounds odd. have ya checked upper/lower balljoints?

Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford

They might be right..........just kiddin'..............I'm an EX-longhaired hippie freak..........now just corn-farmer here in Illinois
Yes, I've replaced the ball joints...it may have helped some, but the Chevy is still an easier truck to drive
Both have more than enough power for whatever you want to pull. I've got the Allison trans. in the Chevy which I prefer to the stock Ford auto trans.........Maybe I'm just partial to Chevy

Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Range Rover
Default Chevy or Ford

Acutally I think the chevy is alot easier to drive myself. And in a drag race; which we have often...lol, the duramax will eat the powerstroke. Not sure about the towing capability though... we usually arent required to tow that much weight. We have semi's for that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. But I will say that since ford went to the coil-over springs in 05 I am impressed with the steering radius that they now have compared to the 04's and earlier models. They do seem to ride alot rougher then the chevy; but it is a truck... then again after a 12-14 hour day who really wants a rough ride home..lol. Both trucks have good points and bad. FLIP A COIN!!!!! I dont really think you can go wrong with either truck after the bugs are all worked out.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

[quote]
Originally posted by: IndyPred
Acutally I think the chevy is alot easier to drive myself. And in a drag race; which we have often...lol, the duramax will eat the powerstroke. [quote]

isn't that like drag racing a turtle against a snail? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

Originally posted by: cornfarmer
They might be right..........just kiddin'..............I'm an EX-longhaired hippie freak..........now just corn-farmer here in Illinois
come for a visit thru the Vansterdam/ BC Bud capital of the world border crossing, then return home thru the US Customs and try some of that humor on them. they LOVE it... in a latex to rectal-flesh kinda way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They think EVERYONE is a drug smuggler... for good reason I guess. One guy recently busted was a Canadian Army Sargeant who crossed many times in uniform, in military vehicle, another was a 17 y/o US school girl who rode school bus everyday between Point Roberts and Blaine (both are in WA state, but require a short trip thru Canada and back into the US thru Customs). she was muling pot on the school bus. so i guess they don't trust anyone. hey, i'll have to try a nun outfit like Eric Idle... never mind.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Chevy or Ford

"isn't that like drag racing a turtle against a snail?"
Have ya driven them?
Drove a Duramax the other day... some dealer wanted to sell me this computer up-grade for mine... any way it had 500hp!
Talk about sik... you wouldn't be able to buy tires fast enough for it. The computer was $1500 installed with 4" pipes from front to back.
I didn't do it, stock has enough power for me.
I farm about 3000 acres. We pull a 550 bushel wagon from the combine to the dryer bin usually about 5-6 days every fall to supplement the semi. This may not sound like much, but figure the corn alone weighs about 30,000lbs. not counting the wagon. Both Duramax and Powerstroke handle it fine. I wouldn't try that with stock hitch tho.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Range Rover
Default Chevy or Ford

isn't that like drag racing a turtle against a snail?
You have got to go to your local dealership and try a new powerstroke or duramax if you think their slow. I see you stated that you have a 7.3L powerstroke. Let me tell ya its a night and day difference!!! Its amazing the gains they have come in just a few short years. If a person pulls up next to either one expecting to just walk away from them in a drag race they might wanna think twice. Their is nothing slow about them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

okay, i see you guys totally misunderstood me. what i meant was, they're trucks, and i know they haul well, and i know they fly off the line. i've had my 7.3 chipped. a stock 6.0 feels close to mine, maybe a little peppier. anyways, I was referring to the GIGANTIC picture of "drag racing", and thinking in that context. like, these still won't touch a 10 second 1/4 miler and never will..... so why even bother dragging them? i guess i'd rather think of them in the context of the tractor pull vs. drag racing.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:19 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

isn't the land speed record or something like that held by a Cummins diesel? I think Gail Banks did it in the last year or so............just wonderin'

Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chevy or Ford

dunno. i always thot those were rocket engines/special designs.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford