Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV

They have a brand new 2005 Funmover 39C (all the options) in Eugene, OR for $187,990. (asking price) I was looking into a class A motorhome and seen this thing. It's very cool looking and a good idea. But the Class A motorhome I was looking at was $120 asking price....so for the extra cost of the fun mover I could have HECK of a nice race trailer with the motor home and have 3 times the total living space and a seperate garage/trailer for bigger parties!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Range Rover

I rented a fun mover for the weekend they are really nice. Garage and motorhome all in one. I did not pull a trailer.. just loaded all the bikes in the back and went.

Very Nice.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombest
I rented a fun mover for the weekend they are really nice. Garage and motorhome all in one. I did not pull a trailer.. just loaded all the bikes in the back and went.

Very Nice.
Waht did it cost you ? 2 or 3 days?

Old 03-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: SCOUNDREL
Originally posted by: bombestI rented a fun mover for the weekend they are really nice. Garage and motorhome all in one. I did not pull a trailer.. just loaded all the bikes in the back and went.Very Nice.
Waht did it cost you ? 2 or 3 days?
Well I picked it up Friday afternoon and brought it back Monday morning and it cost about $400 with tax, milage and some generator usage.
Id say rent it before you buy it. The motorhome space is limited because the back half if the garage. I guess it depends on if its just you and wife or a family of 4. Rent one for the weekend, it will give you a good feel before your drop all that money on something you might not like or love.
Good Luck.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Well, you can always go with a toyhauler and save yourself many thousands of dollars. I have see them go for as little as $13000 to over $30K depending on how big you want to go... the $20K range seems normal. You get all the comforts of home.. and think about this for a moment.. because it has a sink, stove and bathroom, you can deduct the interest on your taxes as a second home... just food for thought...

Old 03-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I remember seeing a place in NJ that made them. Priced around 75 thousand, and he'd pay for your plane ticket so you could fly up, and drive it home. Can't remeber the name of the place.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

If you are going to all the expense of buying a motorhome with a garage... why not just get the motorhome and a trailer for the ATV's? One thing that is common to all motorhomes, is that you never seem to have enough room when you get out and on the road. It never fails, the motorhome feels real big sitting in that sales lot... but once you fill it up with "stuff", you find you run out of room real quick. Gving up 10 to 15 feet to my toys would make it a compromsie at best.

My scenario is the ultimate solution for me.. but like many.. I also have to be realistic and know that compromises are a fact of life... and the reality of my finances. Still it woul dbe nice to tool down the road in a 40 ft bus with a stacker trailer in tow, full of toys and a vehicle to drive around in... but then I'd have to live in it to justify the expense... and I am not sure the Mrs would go along with that.... She is like a tree.. she needs to put down roots somewhere...

Old 03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Dragginbutt

Actually your train of thought is very close to what my wife and I had decided to do. We are going to get her a truck that she can use as a daily driver and since she only works 2 miles from the house we won't have the gas cost to worry about. Then we will get a flatbed trailer to use for all the toys and then sometime around December we will purchase a motorhome, something around 28'-30' because it's just not reasonable to purchase something larger because I'll have to pay for storage. I don't plan to buy new because there are so many used ones that have so few miles on them.

That's the plan anyway.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Our RV was used, by an older couple. They sold it to a guy who used to work where I did. He had it about a year and needed to sell it. We bought it for 6500. The book value was 11,000. If you look and are patient, good deals are out there on used ones.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that is the way to go on an RV... Too many people buy these things new, take a few trips, put less than 10,000 miles on it, then let it sit in the back yard. I have yet to see more than a few with over 40,000 miles on them... my father being the exception to the rule... but he drove the Al-CAN highway a couple of times and did it the last time when he was 75...

Quick Reply: Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV