Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Bulldog ATV Rack or similar for truck bed - Bought Ultimate Rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulldog ATV Rack or similar for truck bed

I did a search and did not find any info on the Bulldog racks or similar. Does anyone have any input on these or similar setups? I have a '01 F350 shortbox crewcab and want to take two atv's and my 30' travel trailer but am worried about clipping the trailer on corners with it. Anyone have this combo?

Thanks....

Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

You will be fine with that setup. I have a similar setup on my dodge. The rack does not come close to the trailer on corners.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Nice looking setup Smokeman. Is that homemade? I would love to be able to get a drive on drive off one like that, but am worried about the overhang. How much clearance do you have to the front of your camper? Is that a snowmobile trailer modified? I was thinking of taking my current snowmobile trailer and modifying it for an ATV Deck but would need to find someone who knows how to weld. How long is the bed of your Dodge? Sorry for all the questions......

Old 03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know the exact clearance to the front of the travel trailer but it is not even close. The rack extends past the bumper less than 1 foot. It is a homemade rack all aluminum that one guy can easily load or unload. Long ramps make loading less stressfull. mThe bed of the dodge is 3' shorter than your ford short box. I think mine is 6'3" while the ford is 6'6". If you can't make your own the bulldog looks good and there are others as well.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Quad Patrol

I also have a similiar set up for 2 of our quads. Except, mine loads from the rear. Mine is loaded into the short bed of a F250 and the over hang, like Smokeman says, isn't even close to our trailer. Check out picture #15, in my photos.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I think I may just take my two place snowmobile trailer and modify it to fit in the bed of my truck. Way too much money to ship one of the rack systems and no one around here seems to even want to try and carry them to sell. Doesn't look hard to modify. Just need to get someone to do some aluminum welding. Now I'm just trying to decide on a side loader or rear loader to modify it. I may build a test platfrom from 2x4's first to see how my travel trailer looks when hooked up.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

I will be having a guy at work build one for me. I always asumed I gad to go with a rear loader with my short bed dodgeto clear the camper but if I can make it work with a side loader that would be better. Smokeman I like your setup. Nice truck but wrong collor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well I took the plunge. I just ordered the Ultimate Rack. I've got my own shipping company picking it up in Utah so that reduces the shipping cost alot even though it wasn't bad to begin with. Looks like the laws in MN require me to put marker lamps on the four corners of it. Have to check on that when I get it. I think I will also take it on a trucking scale to get the weights of the tongue, axle and overall with two atv's and my 30' travel trailer. Need to make sure I am not overweight with that. I don't think I should be since I have a F350. But.....

Old 05-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bulldog ATV Rack or similar for truck bed - Bought Ultimate Rack

You will love your ultimate rack. I picked mine up a month ago and it works great. They are well built an look good. The only draw back is that everywhere you stop people ask about it.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bulldog ATV Rack or similar for truck bed - Bought Ultimate Rack

i also looked at the ultimate, but need it to be 8' wide and 9' long for the deck and of course since i have a huge tool box, so the frame will also need to be modified 5'5 long and 49" wide.

Quick Reply: Bulldog ATV Rack or similar for truck bed - Bought Ultimate Rack