Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

Thank you for all the opinions and details about the toy haulers. It is very helpful and useful information. Now we have to look around and see what works best for our money and budget. I do have to say though, I have a husband who likes his toys to be on the up and up with a good track record and history....me on the other hand.......a trailer is a trailer, as long as it has a bed and a shower! Again thank you and happy and safe riding to all!

Karen

Old 04-13-2005, 03:17 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for WW, that's a "vote" not an opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Range Rover

Thank you IBC for your support. Yes I did do many years of research. As I had said before, I owned a fleetwood I purchased new in 2002, on a recomendation from a family member, we did not like it from day 1. It just felt cold inside.We have since looked at every brand of trailer we seen that made toyhaulers. The weekend warrior just feels warm and homey inside, along with everything else mentioned. The one thing you mentioned was your trailer was comparible to a ultra lite. HUGE diffrence from a standard warrior.the frame for one is in no way comparible.everything is skimpy to save weight.NOT the same, it would be like you buying a dodge and saying you own a mercedes becouse the parent company is the same. Again I just gave my opinion. When we had the other trailer we longed for a warrior, even though it worked it just didn't make us happy. Once we decided on the warrior this last Aug. we went back the 4 other dealers, told them what warrior we liked and asked them what they had to compete with it to change our mind. We were very open minded, just nothing compares!

Old 04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

I sure do like my Carson FunRunner!!!!!! 2 years of hauling back and forth to the desert...not even 1 loose bolt.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:46 PM
lbc
Range Rover

You bet RTOYZ. We too did quite a bit of research. Hey we were open for something different than a WW because we used to have a 2002 FS2600 and unfortunately did have some issues with corrosion on the aluminum. Needless to say we went with Gel Coat fiberglass this time. I think we got a "lemon", but all that aside when we decided to off load it we chose WW AGAIN even after our issues. We ended up with the 2006 FSC 2800 this time billet edition. It is awesome. We looked at the Raptor pretty seriously and the Holiday Rambler Next Level we even considered Wells Cargos new toyhauler. None of them held a candle to the Warrior we ended up with. It is loaded with EVERY option and off course has all the new stuff they are offering for 2006. When it came down to it the Warrior felt really "solid" compared to other stuff we looked at. The only word I can think of to describe some of the other trailers we looked at was "tin can". That is kinda how I felt about the Raptor. We were all hot on the idea of have a seperate garage and all that but it just felt "thrown" together when we walked inside it. Now keep in mind this is mearly an OPPINION, so nobody get upset with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
The one thing you mentioned was your trailer was comparible to a ultra lite. HUGE diffrence from a standard warrior.the frame for one is in no way comparible.everything is skimpy to save weight.NOT the same, it would be like you buying a dodge and saying you own a mercedes becouse the parent company is the same. !

When I said that , i was referring to the floorplan. my chassis is a zieman (the same that is on your WW), and my toy hauler is not a superlight, it gvwr's at 10,000lbs. as it sits unloaded, it is about 5500 lbs. I know what you mean about the differences between the WW and the WW superlites. I looked at both while investigating. The inside of the superlites were flimsy, and didn't even have a stove! The shower couldn't accomodate my wife, who is 5' 6 in.

the trailer that I went with, The Attitide 19FK, is based on the WW 19 superlite, just for floorplan sake. Attitude took the shower, and moved it back 6-8 inches, which gave another 1 and 1/2 ft vertically in the shower. There were other subtle diferences as well, like a dinette in place of a sofa. a micro and an oven, on and on.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my previous posts. In my experience while looking for a toy hauler, I had friends that own WW's, and that is all they talked about, like a bunch of clones!

I was just trying to make a point that everybody needs to make an informed decision when making a big ticket purchase, like a toy hauler. If you wound up buying a WW after researching, then good for you! At least you took the time and made the effort to do so!

Old 04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
lbc
Range Rover

Well I can speak for myself in saying that you did not ruffle my feathers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I take oppinions for what they are; oppinions. We all have them. Oppinions are not right or wrong they are merely someones view point based on their personal experiences. No worries from my point of view[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

No ruffled feathers here, heck you can even join us for a ride on the oregon coast sometime.When you posted the first responce you had your caps on which ment you were screaming. I do agree with you that everyone should do the shopping, karen asked for an opinion and I gave her mine based on facts that I had found. I reccomended the dealer because she treated myself and a few others I know like family and goes out of her way to make us happy, she even sent her lot repair guy to our house to repair our trailer after it got broken into. he found out what was wrong with it and got it all replaced right in our backyard, now that is service!!!they treat us like we just walked into the door for the first time, everytime we see her, they are guinuinely happy to see us whenever.Our old trailer when it needed service the service guy asked me why they should have to fix this.they discounted my concern.trying to make me think i was being out of reason.I was takeing the whole picture into account.

Pat

Old 04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

oh by the way ibc we got the 2005 1/2 fs3000 loaded. what a nice trailer. also fiberglass sides. ramp room. you name it.

Pat

Old 05-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have an 05 weekend warrior fs2600...i dragged this thing for 23,000 miles the past year...18,000 the first three months i had it...i went from vegas,to yellowstone,to new york,to nashville,back home..up to seattle,WA/OR coast,redwood forest,yosemite,back home,vegas to so.cal(numerous times)...my trailer was rock solid through it all(the rain in PA was ridiculous!)i take it out every other weekend......i give a STRONG vote for weekend warrior..

Quick Reply: Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?