Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

Well, I have an 02 WW. And let me tell you. When I took delivery. The passenger side running lights. Markers if you will were not even installed. Come to find out later that the coaxial cable connection, the light over the hookups and a host of other small exterior hardware was missing. A month of arguing with the manufacturer and pictures of mine next to a buddies that HAD EVERYTHING. They finally agreed to take care of it. Now that the initial headache is out of the way. Ive got no other issues to report. But hey. To me thats a lot to say about a company. The comment about cheap labor might have some merit. (AN OPINION).

Old 05-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I want to thank everyone for their opinions and great suggestions to our purchase. We have finally made a decision! We chose the Keystone Raptor 30'. It carries all four of our full size quads with ample tie downs. The cargo area is already lined and also the door ramp. Comes with carpet to roll over. Has dual electric queen beds in the back, and a queen sleeper area in the front. Okay shower with a foot lever toilet, and the vanity/sink is out of the bathroom. The kitchen is actually a kitchen. It is "L" shaped and comes with a 8 cf fridge and large freezer. Has the typical bench seating on the one side and a dinette on the other. Came with 19" tv and dvd/cd player as well. The outside has a utility shower, 40 gal fuel station, 5500 generator, pressure washer, dual batteries, dual propane, and lots of windows. Beautiful rig! We were looking for something a little more basic, but for not a whole lot more you might as well buy big so you have room to grow. We have a 13 and 10 year old boys and I didn't for see them sleeping on the fold down dinette and bench for a whole lot longer. This is actually a rig that "I" liked alot. Of course it had to be my husbands idea though! Plus I didn't know you could write it off on your taxes as a second home! Benefit! Hope all of you ride safe and have a great summer!

Karen

Old 05-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: desertmule
i have an 05 weekend warrior fs2600...i dragged this thing for 23,000 miles the past year...18,000 the first three months i had it...i went from vegas,to yellowstone,to new york,to nashville,back home..up to seattle,WA/OR coast,redwood forest,yosemite,back home,vegas to so.cal(numerous times)...my trailer was rock solid through it all(the rain in PA was ridiculous!)i take it out every other weekend......i give a STRONG vote for weekend warrior..
Now that sounds like my kind of traveling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, Welcome to the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: karen4729This is actually a rig that "I" liked alot. Of course it had to be my husbands idea though! Plus I didn't know you could write it off on your taxes as a second home! Benefit! Hope all of you ride safe and have a great summer! Karen
Karen, Congradulations on your purchase[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Getting one that everyone likes, is half the battle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I believe it should be. aA long as it is self contained, ie. sleeping, kitchen and bathroom[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it should be good to go. Check with your tax man on the write off.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
I would reccomend the Weekend Warrior for many reasons. 1. lifetime structure warranty,2.toyhaulers is all they build, they are the best.Most manufactures compare their products to weekend warrior.3hauling room is awesom, we normally haul 4, but i have had 7 in the trailer. Give cindy or andy a call at the great outdoors,541-830-5700 tell them patrick sent you, they will give you a price worth coming down -for. their cust. service is the best I have seen in the industry. I could keep going on but i think you know i feel about this product.

Patrick
do thay have a web site?

Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

http://keyperformance-raptor.com/index.html .................This is directly to the Raptor

http://www.keystonerv.com/ ........................this is to Keystone

KAren

Old 05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

they do, I will have to get it for you, I will post the web adress for the great outdoors tomorrow.
They are wonderful to deal with and of course in oregon there is no sales tax.
Pat

Old 05-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

RTOYZ,
Fill me in on what kind of deal you got from Great Outdoors. I live here in the Rogue Valley and I know of this dealership. I know that they deal in WW, but the prices I've seen on their units are not that reasonable, compared to what I've seen on RVTRADERONLINE. I'm not knockin them because I've done business with them in the past, but maybe you can let me know. I am considering renting one of their toyhaulers this summer just to see how well it works behind my truck. I won't be purchasing this season but definately next spring.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

Sticker price on the trailer doesn't really mean anything to me. After working with her and talking with my brother in law who is a General Manager for Giant rv and can get me cost on the trailer plus shipping, It was a better deal to buy from the great outdoors. I got more than 12k off the sticker price on my Fs3000.For you to get even a better deal, the great outdoors is a sponser of Temporary Insandity, I'm vice pres. she will beat deals and we raffle off toyhauler rentals for 3-4 days. Contact me for club info and many sponsors in this area.

Pat.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

ck out milltrailers.com