Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?

We're looking for a toy hauler that will carry four quads. We are not interested in the front sleepers, the overhead queen and the fold down benches are fine for us. We're more interested in the hauling room. Any suggestions??

'05 " " 350
'04 Z400
all stock for now....................

Old 04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Range Rover

I would reccomend the Weekend Warrior for many reasons. 1. lifetime structure warranty,2.toyhaulers is all they build, they are the best.Most manufactures compare their products to weekend warrior.3hauling room is awesom, we normally haul 4, but i have had 7 in the trailer. Give cindy or andy a call at the great outdoors,541-830-5700 tell them patrick sent you, they will give you a price worth coming down -for. their cust. service is the best I have seen in the industry. I could keep going on but i think you know i feel about this product.

Patrick

Old 04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
I would reccomend the Weekend Warrior for many reasons. 1. lifetime structure warranty,2.toyhaulers is all they build, they are the best.Most manufactures compare their products to weekend warrior.3hauling room is awesom, we normally haul 4, but i have had 7 in the trailer. Give cindy or andy a call at the great outdoors,541-830-5700 tell them patrick sent you, they will give you a price worth coming down -for. their cust. service is the best I have seen in the industry. I could keep going on but i think you know i feel about this product.

Patrick
ALL THE ABOVE IS OPINION!!!

A toyhauler is a toyhauler is a........ Seriously, WW has as many problems with their rigs as everybody else! if they didn't, then they would have a patent for assembly![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They do, however, have the highest resale value in the market for right now, but there are a couple that are hot on their tail!

Take a look online at the manufacturers llike, skyline, WW, Attitude, Sandpiper, Keystone, etc... Find the models that you think will work for you, then go look at them at your local dealers! Find the one that fits you best.

1000 people will give you 1000 opinions! Find what best suits your needs! Each manufacturer has slightly different odds and ends in thier rigs that some dont care about, but some view as a necessity.

good luck

Old 04-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

How can facts be just an opinion??? the lifetime warranty is a Fact. every other trailer we looked at the dealer compared the unit to a warrior, Fact. great hauling room, Fact. Sure you should look at the other before buying a product. We had purchased a fleetwood first only to regret it all the while and wish we had a warrior. We finaly traded it in after two years of problems and got the warrior. Sure the warrior has had minor problems, however the overall quality of the trailer and the finish is far more advanced.The retail on a warrior is a little more of course, but who pays retail???Not I for one. When you get a good deal the warrior is often the best for the money.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
lbc
Range Rover

I have to agree with RTOYZ on this one. Yes do go out and do some comparison shopping we did. We ended up with a Weekend Warrior. They are build for toyhauling. Other companies are constantly trying to match them. Problem is most other trailer manufactureres are just that TRAILER manufactureres. Not TOYHAULER makers. They are taking their standard trailer and cutting a hole in the back and calling it a toyhauler. I have seen one of the so called toyhaulers have a part of the chassis that keeps the axle mounted break after only 2 years. We are on our 2nd warrior. We looked at the Raptor when we were considering a fifth wheel. I don't know how to describe the feeling when we walked in to that verse the warrior. I would have to say that the Raptor left us wanting a better fit and finish/quality craftsmanship for the money. My thought was this is a cool product in theory but it looks "cheesy". Not SOLID.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
I would reccomend the Weekend Warrior for many reasons. 1. lifetime structure warranty,
this is a fact, but my attitude also came with a lifetime structure warranty

2.toyhaulers is all they build,
again, fact, but there are also other toy hauler companies that do this also, like eclipse

they are the best
this statement is an opinion

.Most manufactures compare their products to weekend warrior
this statement is an opinionwith the qualifier being most, that makes this statement an opinion. i will give you that SOME manufacturers, especially the newer ones, will compare their rigs to WW"s, but not most. As a matter of fact, when I looked for 6 months before pulling the trigger, the local WW dealer had an attitude on their lot to point out the differences!!! Also, not one dealer that I went to compared thier brand to WW! All toy haulers are built the same way, the production line, which means they are all suseptible to the same problems. if they all use the same materials, and the floorplans are basically the same (my 19 ft attitude is the same as WW superlite 19 and 21, with small differences) , just changed up slightly with more d rings, s shower pulled back 6 in to accomodate someone who is over 6 foot tall, double queen beds, pantrys, fuel stations, etc......then it goes back to opinion and what works best for each individual.

.3hauling room is awesom, we normally haul 4, but i have had 7 in the trailer.
I have had 5 quads in my 19 FT! though one was a 90 and one was a 50. Most toy haulers can haul a decent amount of quads, if loaded for max bike space.

Patrick
All I am saying is that what works for you might not work for everyone else. Granted, you are happy with your WW, as I am happy with my Attitude, but I don't push them on everybody that is looking for a toyhauler!

When you got yours, did you look around, gather information, and made an informed decision, or did you just take other people's opinions with you to the dealer?

just my opinion

Old 04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lbc
I have to agree with RTOYZ on this one. Yes do go out and do some comparison shopping we did. We ended up with a Weekend Warrior. They are build for toyhauling. Other companies are constantly trying to match them.
Which companies are these? I am sure they do not go out of thier way to be a WW clone!

Problem is most other trailer manufactureres are just that TRAILER manufactureres. Not TOYHAULER makers.
That is true, Also, some trailer manufacturers aren't even in the toy hauler market!. However, WW wasn't the original toy hauler company, that goes to alfa, that started back in 1988

They are taking their standard trailer and cutting a hole in the back and calling it a toyhauler.
This is definitely an untrue statement, If that were true, most 5ver TT and bumper pull TT have thier bathrooms, kitchens and jother imuch needed items like refrigerators in the back. Granted, they took the same box, but rerouted electrical and other things for the amenities. why reinvent the wheeel? WW toy haulers could easily be converted to a regular travel trailer too.

I have seen one of the so called toyhaulers have a part of the chassis that keeps the axle mounted break after only 2 years.
My friends FS 2600 ramp wasnt secure when he took delivery. He had hot water hooked up to the toilet! All of these problems exist in the trailer manufacturing because they pay people 9 bucks an hour for unskilled labor. Again, WW their fair share of problems too. iF THEY DIDN'T, WOULDN'T THAT BE A GREAT ADVERTISING POINT???

We are on our 2nd warrior. We looked at the Raptor when we were considering a fifth wheel. I don't know how to describe the feeling when we walked in to that verse the warrior. I would have to say that the Raptor left us wanting a better fit and finish/quality craftsmanship for the money

I have friends that chose the raptor over the WW over 2 years ago, and are still happy with their purchase. I'm sure everything wasn't perfect, and that you had some warranty issues within the first year? if you didn't then that is extraordinary

. My thought was this is a cool product in theory but it looks "cheesy". Not SOLID.

Again, I am not saying that WW is a bad rig, they are just don't fit everybody's needs or budget.

When purchasing big ticket items, like toy haulers, one should make an informed decison, and not an impulse buy. I just try to present a number of quality manufacturers for people to look at to see the differences, and choose what best suits them. If WW is the best trailer out there, then when making an informed decisio, most people should come to that conclusion!

Old 04-12-2005, 01:40 PM
lbc
Range Rover

I can't speak for RTOYZ but we did TONS of research before buying ours. Since it is our second WW there have been lots of manufactureres coming out with toyhaulers since our first one. Therefore we did lots of comparison shopping before buying another warrior. You are correct that liking the WW over other products comes down to what works best for you and your needs which is mostly oppinion based. So in my oppinion of all the research we did weekend warrior came out on top for many reasons that were important to our needs. I would encourage people to do lots of research before making this kind of purchase. For us WW happened to be top dog.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learnem

ALL THE ABOVE IS OPINION!!!

A toyhauler is a toyhauler is a........ Seriously, WW has as many problems with their rigs as everybody else! if they didn't, then they would have a patent for assembly![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They do, however, have the highest resale value in the market for right now, but there are a couple that are hot on their tail!

Take a look online at the manufacturers llike, skyline, WW, Attitude, Sandpiper, Keystone, etc... Find the models that you think will work for you, then go look at them at your local dealers! Find the one that fits you best.

1000 people will give you 1000 opinions! Find what best suits your needs! Each manufacturer has slightly different odds and ends in thier rigs that some dont care about, but some view as a necessity.

good luck
ISN'T THAT WHAT KAREN4729 WAS ASKING FOR??????????? She asked, and I quote "Any suggestions??"

RTOYZ "recommended" a WW. And gave very good reasons based on his EXPERIENCE.

He isn't "pushing", as you stated, he's giving his opinion based on experience. And he offered up a dealership if they are interested.

Some of your points are very true also.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

karen4729 (and lbc),

Go to the link below, it is another Topic on this Forum.
It's a huge group of folks from Western WA that ride and camp out together.
A Great group of folks and I can guarantee you would enjoy it. Always somebody to ride with.
There are a few that have Toyhaulers and would be full of good advice I'm sure.

Good Luck

Puget Sound Area Riders

Quick Reply: Hauling 4 quads.....What's a decent toy hauler?