Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Durmax or Power Stroke

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durmax or Power Stroke

What do u all think is best for pullin

Old 05-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I work on both daily......To tell you the truth in the 2005 market all 3 are great! Cummins, PS, and the Duramax. It is basically down to the truck and the tranny is you want the truth. Dodge has that kick butt 6 speed manual, Ford never has made a good tranny, and Chevy has tha Allison. Diesels have came a long way in the last 10 years, and you will have a 100 people on here defending different ones. One thing I can say is that the Ford is still having Electrical situations, but that has been a ford thing for years.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

YOu are going to receive brand loyal answers.

The best information you can get is for you to test drive both vehicles and go with your instinct.

this post is going to get ugly!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

This should get interesting. I don't drive a diesel, but like the Ford's myself (styling...the Chevy's are ugly as sin, GMC's are passable and still warming to the newest Dodges.)

You'll be fine with probably whichever you choose. Most have 100,000 warranties if you are worried about something breaking.

Powerwise they are all right in the same ballpark. Test drive em all and find the truck that has what you want.

And now I'm gonna put on my asbestos underwear and watch.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

This can get into one of them "this VS that" threads. My brands better than yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I can't tell you how those tick me off.

Back on topic- I agree with the above answers even though I own one of those three. You are the one drivin it(and paying for it). See which one you like the best[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

All three have their good and bad. Look at how your going to be using the truck and pick what suits your needs. Sorry I can't say this one is better than that one but they all our good and have their points + or -

Old 05-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Im partial to the PSD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

My vote goes to duramax![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] However I've never owned on but my dad has owned 3 fords and 2 dodges and in my opinion the Fords pulled better. Although we pull some big weights that probaly most of you will never pull. I own a gas chevy and would like a new diesel but it's probaly a few years off though.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Quad Patrol

I am partial to the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, I agree with BR&W, Trasher, PS01[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] This could turn ugly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] All three makers have a decent product, they are pushing each other[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]and that, is only good for the consumer,US[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Drive all three and see which one suits your needs, the best. No matter which one you buy, there are always some that come off the line with problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] All three have had their share of problems over the years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and ALSO, with the new power plants they have come out with. I suggest getting in all three, and go from there. Also, if you are looking at a Crew Cab, get in the back seat too, you will see how much room each one has for passengers, especially growing children. Don't want to shell out another $40,000 because of all the whining going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] while on long trips[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Been here, Done that.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

well thanks alot guys for the help

Old 05-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dodge has the best motor and the worst truck. The auto trans is OK and the manual is said to be good but too new to tell.
Chevy has a good motor and the best auto trans.
Ford has a good motor and the worst trans. Other little Gremlins, I'd avoid.

If you're pulling something huge I'd get the Dodge with the manual. If you're just pulling ~10,000 or less I'd get the Chevy.

I'm thinking about buying an older Dodge even though I know all the crap wrong with them, they just pull like nothing else. And the older Chevy's and Ford's are quite a bit worst than the current models.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Durmax or Power Stroke