Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Toy hauler for 4 - 6 machines

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toy hauler for 4 - 6 machines

With you guys putting that many machines inside, are you exceeding the weight rating?

Old 10-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Not with the Dune Chaser toy hauler I have. It is a triple axle, and is made to haul the weight. I can't say for others, especially the dual axle trailers.

DV

Old 10-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

our warrior has triple axle as well, It tows much better than a tandom axle.
Pat

Old 10-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

I just bought a custom made 19 footer from Pace American.to use in my business (See profile for pics), and will also be using it to haul my ATV's on off weekends... On my trip back home from the factory, I did not have my load equalizer installed yet, and that beast was a hand full in the wind. I am hoping the load equalizer will help immensly.... Do you get the sway action going on your big rigs? I am told part of my problem is the v-nose design itself. And I am sure some may be caused by the shorter wheelbase. I guess this is one case where bigger is better.

I looked at those mega toy boxes, and thought they were a little short on room when it came to hauling atv's. I now see you are stacking them and putting htem in sideways etc. Is this causing any prblems with fuel leaks and or oil leaks? Anything you have to do special to keep the oil in the crankcase and not in places it should not be in?

Now that you have it, would you say there are advantages to the toybox over traditional class C/A motorhome and a trailer?

Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Range Rover

I have not had any problems with gas or oil leaks at all. Alot of our friends say we are **** about our stuff. After every trip, the following weekend I take out the quads and detail each one of them and check for any problems, and polish the plastic and lube the chain. As far as the advantages of a trailer vs a motorhome there is some to both.

When we started we had a motorhome with an enclosed trailer. Very nice set up. the wife could make a meal as we travled down the road. the kids had room to move about and play, or use the restroom without having to stop. They could go to sleep and be comfy while we get to our destination. We would pull in at night and just go to sleep. Unpack in the morning and have fun. The problem was no matter how well you pack or our group would decide to go out to dinner. moving the beast was not fun in town. unleveling,unhooking the trailer, parking in coast towns seem really small.

The toyhauler is a nice set up. Not quite as nice traving execept the fact of being used to the tow vehicle vs not driving a motorhome everyday. the kids sit in the back seat and watch tv with there headsets while the wife and I get a chance to talk. Once we get there it takes about 1/2 hour to 45 min to set up. then If we go into town or out to dinner its no diffrent than at home. The Toyhauler seems to be much larger inside without all those cabinets in the rear. Lots of room for the young ones to play. and as my lovely wife says "with a trailer we have one less engine to maintain".
Pat

Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, maybe when I win the lottery, I can get a stacker trailer with a run about vehicle inside, put the ATV's up top and have the best of both worlds...