Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

american freedom trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american freedom trailer

Hi Recon! Long time no see! We're doing a Stoddard Wells run the first weekend in Jan - 6th to 8th - so come on up and check out my toy hauler.

I have the 17' which for two of us is perfect. With your crew you'll need something larger. We can fill it with two full sized quads and a dirt bike. We may be able to squeeze a small quad in too. The dry weight on the toy hauler is about 3800#. My Jeep pulls it no problem up Cajon with the three bikes, full 60 gallons of water and all the gear. The tow rating on the Jeep is 6500#. My guess is that fully loaded I'm running at about 5000 to 5500#. I love my hauler. It weighed less than the WW and was considerably less expensive for pretty much about the same features. My only issue is that the 17' does not come with a generator, you'll need to hook up one outside, but it has all the other creature comforts and the bathroom is considerably more comfortable than the WW. More leg room as there is no sink the the bathroom.

So, my plan for this year is to update the tow vehicle, and then next year a larger toy hauler with front bed, pump station (I hate those gas cans) and built in generator!

Old 12-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just took my AF 17cb out for the first time and I loved it. I have '01 Chevy silverado Z71 that is lifted w/ 35 inch tires, a K and N 77 series cold air induction system and a Hypertech programmer. The truck towed my trailer with no problem. It was loaded with 1 full sized quad, 2 kids quads, 1 crf 450 and 60 gallons of water. My next trip out will be to Ocotillo wells on Jan. 13-15.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

How is the quality of these trailiers? With the price being so much cheaper then others I was wondering if they were any good. Any information would be helpful. I live in Las Vegas so it is about a 3 hour drive to go and take a look at them.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

Hello BAM welocome to the forum, the quality of the AF trailer is good. Its really all about what you want in a trailer. The AF is a quality trailer at a good price,just not alot of people have heard of him because they are new to the toyhauler market. I have a 21 ft FCB It can sleep 8 comfortably. 2 queens in the back , 1 in front and both couches are fulls. I have a generator, pump station ( 26 gal. ) 130 gallons of water ( 2- 65 gal tanks ) microwave, ac, ect. for 18,200 . that price will almost double for alot of the name brands. Like I said it has nice interiors, good colors , structurally its built the same as all the others chassis are the same , Doug the owner of AF just does not have all that expensive overhead to pay for like the other name brands. He makes them in Riverside. He does'nt have a problem with people stopping by a checkin out his operation. I highly recommend this trailer especially for the price, he doesnt sacrifice the quality. I dont think it will be a wasted trip for you to come down a check them out. They will also customize your trailer with just about anything. They also have a choice of graphics and other stuff. Keep us posted on the progrees and any more questions you might have.

21 ft AF
2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
450 ex
400 ex
predator 500 TLD cross country edition
TTR 90

" shut up and ride it "

Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BAM2003
How is the quality of these trailiers? With the price being so much cheaper then others I was wondering if they were any good. Any information would be helpful. I live in Las Vegas so it is about a 3 hour drive to go and take a look at them.
FIRST - wooo hooo just got my new truck last night! 2006 F150 V8 super crew 4x4 - now all I need is a bigger toy hauler!

SECOND - The quality on the AF is pretty good. I have been in the Carson Funrunner, the Attitude and an All American Sport - and the AF is compable in features and quality. I've had mine for almost a year and still love it.

THIRD - We'll be at Dumont for MLK weekend. So if you're up for it feel free to come take a tour of the 17'. At least in Dumont it'll save you about 1-2 hours ride and you can have some fun in the sand too!

Old 01-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Funny Katstoy we are in the same boat as far as the big truck and smaller trailer. We had a half ton silverado when we got the 21 ft. Now we have 2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab with the 8.1 liter and the allison trans. We went and looked this weekend just for kicks at the 2006's and man I would not trade mine in for any of them. although there is a really nice 2006 American Freedom at the Beaumont lot ,its 27 ft fully loaded except for a tv . with the same floor plan as my 21 ft with the bed in the front for 21,000 it has the new electric beds and it has the dinnete in it which I am going to talk to Doug about gettinn in mine. You said you like the change in your 17 ft right. Was there a charge for the dinnete.to be swapped. Also that 27 ft has some reallt wild red graphics, similar to weekednd warrior.

21 ft FCB AF
2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
450 ex
400 ex
500 predator TLD
TTR 90

" shut up and ride it "

Old 01-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Blown450 - I like the set up with the dinette much, much better. It was $400.00 to swap out one of the couches for the dinette.

Bam2003 - I just had a new brake controller istalled on the new truck today. I went to a local RV place. The service guy asked what I towed, and he had a very good reaction to the fact that it was an AF. He said (very quietly as they do not sell them there) that it was a good hauler that is built better than most of the rest.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

I also have a 17' AF.... lol I bought mine shortly after reading all these good reviews from Kats and Blown. I have done things here and there to my toy box. like add a satelite and reciever, TV mount with TV, Radio with Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  plugins, and little things the wife has installed in the kitchen and restroom.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer

We have another happy member to the AF toy hauler family he announced it on this forum LIFT350 bought the 27 ft. Just a little fyi. I have a 9 toy box party so far that is going to Buttercup dunes over the President s day holiday if any of you would like to join us come on down, plenty of kids to play with if you have kids and always plenty of good times. We are leaving on Friday the 17 and coming back on Monday.

2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab lifted
21 ft AF toy box
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator TLD cross country edition
TTR 90

" shut and ride it "

Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

were is Buttercup dunes? and thanks for the welcome.

Quick Reply: american freedom trailer