Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

american freedom trailer

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american freedom trailer

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Sorry, I should have given more details in my initial email. Right now, I have no batteries installed. All that comes out of the trailer are two pairs of wires; each pair consists of one red wire and one white wire. I assume red is positive and white is negative. Here is a picture of what I have: http://www.autoplus.us/af/cabels.jpg . Now I placed the batteries on the racks and this is what it looks like: http://www.autoplus.us/af/batteries.jpg (I obviously will need to strap these down.)

I guess the first real question is do I even need to connect the batteries together or do I just need to connect the two pairs of wires to each battery and then I am good to go?

Thanks.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

Nice pic.now i see what you have. SINCE you have two sets NO you do not need to wire the batteries as I previously stated. You are already wired for two batteries. Red to positive and white to negative. and you are ready to go. I would go to an RV place and buy the battery boxes for the Trailers. They are usually white bottoms with a red lid and a strap that will wrap around the lid and under the frame of the trailer where the batteries are placed. they are like 8-10 bucks. Shoot me another e-mail if you get stuck. My trailer only had 1 set of wires when I bought mine. Two batteries are common. I battery wont last to long on a weekend trip. Did it come with a generator. If it did not you might want to pick one up.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll get the battery boxes and then get things hooked up. It did come with a generator but I have yet to fire that up. I wanted to get the batteries first since I assume that is what powers the starter on the generator. I also need to put gas in it and get the propane tanks filled. One step at a time; just as long as I can get everything working before my October trip!

Thanks again!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just happen to be on line searching for the new web site to AF and saw your post. We bought a 2006 17 foot Sandblaster in Julyof 05 and have nothing but big problems with it.
Our first run out we got pulled over when our running lights did not work, the handles fell off the cargo door. the kitchen sink leaked, the stove broke and a few other things. By Novembe it was back in the shop with propane reg valve issues and still have problems. The water intake valve broke and flooded the trailer. The toilet continually plugs.
The dealer has fixed them all. Don't get me wrong we love it as a first trailer but it has had more than it's share of issues, and yes our ladder does not fit. We moved it over so that it fits next to one sofa when in the sofa positon without the table.Text

Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Trailblazer

WOW, sorry to her of the problems that you have encountered. But not that it matters i have a few people in our riding group that have the Weekend Warriors and the other big name brand haulers, and they to have issues similar to yours as well, I am not justifying it at all.They are all put together by a less than skilled workforce at all the facilities.When I first got mine I had a few issues.matter a fact I have to go today to Riverside and see when they can fix my leaky sink and replace the roof vent that blew off over the bed in the back.This is the second time that the sink has leaked.Alot of the issues are coused by the vibrations and beatings that these rigs take.I have gotten in the habit of tightening things before trips.It just gets a little old having to take it to the shop.at least they are quick in doing the repairs though. I have buddys with the name brand rigs, and there rigs are shacked up at at a repair place for weeks. At least factory direct service has its perks.I need to get mine ready before this weekend, because we have a trip plannned to Joshua Tree to break in a few new toys that we just bought. Maybe we can hook up and do some riding sometime. there are a couple of others on here with AF haulers and we have hooked up on a couple of trips together.

27 AF hauler
2003 Chevy HD 4x4 lifted crew cab
2007 susuki LTR 450 ( his )
2007 honda 450 ex ( hers )
2005 raptor 80 ( kids )
2005 TTR 90 ( KIDS )

Old 10-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

kind of good to hear. We have actually outgrown ours in just the year we have had it and are looking at numerous 07's now so we know what to get next year at the year end sales.
Going for a fifthwheel this time and at least 26 feet. Funny how we can tent it for 15 years, finally get a trailer and then outgrow it so quickly. I'll have to read more about joshua tree. Is this a great place to ride atv's?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Joshua Tree is awesome. A friend of a friend told us about it. We live in Banning , so for us its like 45 min drive. We used to a still do every once in awhile go to Ocotillo well and glamis. but for weekend trips or for the day , we go to Joshua tree. We call it coyote lake as do others that have been going to this place for years. Its the same terrain as Ocotillo.Washes,dunes,trails, and a flat dry lake to open your toys up on.Its really nice.You dont have the rif raf and the crowds . Take the 62 off the 10 freeway . The 62 is out by the windmills in palmsprings. You take the 62 and go through yucca and Joshua tree. You will go past the Highway patrol office just outside of town and turn left on Sunfair Rd. Take it to Broadway and go right. follow it till it turns into dirt and continue till you come to the lake bed. Pick a spot anywhere. We continue straight and if its not taken end up on this spot up off the lake bed a bit or we go way down to the left on the north end to stay away from the dust. If you plan a trip let me know and maybe we can hook up. There have been others on this forum that have went there and where really pleased with the terrain and riding.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info. It would be a long haul from Sacramento but maybe on a longer weekend we can plan for it. I'll keep the infor in my files.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm taking mine to Sand Mountain this weekend! Our first trip and I hope we don't run into any problems...

Old 10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

did you buy your AF 23ft forma local dealer? If so who?

Quick Reply: american freedom trailer