Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Just bought my American Freedom

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my American Freedom

Hey KATSTOY they have a sweet new 2006 AF toy box at the beaumont lot. Its 26 ft front corner bed, LOADED, with everthing even the electric bed , basically it just like mine but its 26 ft and has a bigger sink, dinnette and the electric bed, there asking 21,000 for it. what a steal. weekend warrior 26 ft will get you for 32,000. not worth it since they dont hold there value at all. You can get a 1 year old WW 26ft all day long for like 20 to 25,000. and like you said the customer service at AF is far superior to WW, I have 2 friends of mine with WW and they really bitch about how long it takes to have warrenty work done.They are blown away that Doug just lets you take it to the factory and he fixes it right then and there.

21 ft AF
2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator
ttr 90

Old 01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! Do you know the dry weight on the trailer or have the name for someone at the lot? The only thing that would suck is if they don't take trade ins!

Old 01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Just sent an e-mail to the Riverside lot. Apparently the web site shows they have one there, too. The one thing I did like about the WW is the underneath the bed storage that is accessible from two outside compartments. Great place to store the paddles! Although my preference is to stay with the AF, just gimme a genny and fuel station! 21k is definitely the right price. Hmmm, maybe before Pres weekend . . .

BTW, we are going to Gordon's Well that weekend. Meeting the family from AZ. We'll probably go out early Friday morning or late Thursday night. Let's have an AF party!!! If you're still going to Buttercup let's arrange for a drink at the Paradise! We can tour the toy haulers and meet the families.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

The 26 ft AF has access from the outside and the inside for storage under the bed, like I said it has everything , gen,pump station,micro, ect. No tv though. I bring my own just for my girls to watch somethin in the evenings. my 21 ft weighs like 5100 lbs dry , I think I remember seeing something like 5800 or 6000lbs , you have plenty of truck for a trailer that size. I would say that they do take trade inns. My wife and I are lookin at seeing if we might want to get something a little bit bigger.Its got some cool red tribal graphics on it. As far as the trip to Buttercup, that may change due to the large crowd that is at Buttercup and the small camping area. We may go to our little secret spot in Joshua Tree. But I agree the new Af owners like LIFT350 and BAM and yourself should hook up somtime and have drink or 3.

21 ft AF toy box
2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
blown 450
400 ex
500 predator TLD
ttr 90

Old 01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Not to stray too far off topic, but have you ever tried Gordon's Well? The camping area is much larger, the chance of someone plowing through your camp is lessened as the camp area is long and thin and runs along side of the dunes. We went to Buttercup over Vet's weekend in November and took a ride over to Gordon's - much nicer at Gordon's. The dunes seem more family friendly and easier for newer riders than those at Buttercup. During that weekend I never saw sooo many rigs pushed into such a small spot at Buttercup. I didn't think that anyone would have the nads to pull up so close to our camp, but they did - complete with the world's loudest generator right next to us! My friends hit Gordon's last weekend and really enjoyed it. When we took our ride over there in Nov. the camp area did not look as crowded - most likely because it was larger. We're doing Gordon's over Pres day.

Still waiting to hear back from both AF locations as to wether they take trade ins - TBC . . . .

Old 01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

No I have only driven by Gordons wells, like you said Buttercup is alot smaller.The people from AZ go there all the time. Its close for them to drive to. I think the other group of us are going to go to Joshua tree. We are going to that place next weekend to.leaving Friday after work. I really need to get away and just relax. I would just call the Riverside lot and ask them if they will do a trade, I dont see a reason why they wouldnt. keep me posted on that subject and your weekend at Gordons.

21 AF tof box
2500 HD 4 x 4 crew cab
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator TLD
TTR 90

Old 01-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, new to the site here. I bought a 2006 17' Sandblaster by American Freedom last August and I have been desperatley tryng to find some info on the company. Several of you refer to thier website however I have not found anything. I have actually had numerous problems with mine even though I love it to death. First trailer ever owned. Of course within a month I had to have an ATV to go with it!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

The web site is www.usabankrepos.com and is not very informative. The number to the factory is 951-276-1501. I'm fortunate that I live about 10 miles from the factory. I have had a couple of warranty issues that were taken care of within a day no problem. I don't think that Elk Grove is close to the factory, though!

Blown 450 - they do take trades! Howver, out of stock in Riverside with a six week lead time on the 27' CB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's also about 5800#. Don't know if I can go that long without a hauler. I may just need to wait until the summer to upgrade.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm new to atv'n, new to 4x4'n and new to toy haul'n. I'm look'n to get a 4x4 2500 d-max deisel and I just checked out the AF 30' 5th wheel.I loved the hauler but is this enough truck.I also checked out WW.they were a lot of coin compared to WW. thanx,Jaruby

Old 01-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Jaruby
I'm new to atv'n, new to 4x4'n and new to toy haul'n. I'm look'n to get a 4x4 2500 d-max deisel and I just checked out the AF 30' 5th wheel.I loved the hauler but is this enough truck.I also checked out WW.they were a lot of coin compared to WW. thanx,Jaruby
Plenty of truck for a 30 footer. You could go bigger yer if you want. I have the truck in my sig and am planing to look at 34-36 footers as soon as I can aford one. I just have to wait till the truck is paid for before I can swing a big camper.

There is a pic in my gallery of my truck with a 29 foot bumper mount camper that I rented and 2 utility machines on the back of the truck. That was no problem. I pulled it 2000 miles round trip like that and threw the mountains of Colorado with no problem. It would climb the 8-10 mile long 9% grades at 75-80 mph no problem.

Here is a better pic of it.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/p...cat=500&page=1

Quick Reply: Just bought my American Freedom